Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Medication success or just a good day?

Lynne D
Lynne D Member Posts: 276
100 Comments Second Anniversary
The doctors added Mentamine to my HWD’s drug regimen, and doubled his anti-depressant about three weeks ago. Today he woke up and is wearing the most radiant smile. We are listening to music (and I now sit with him and we do only that…great to focus) and are having the most lovely time.

I hope it lasts. I have respite care coming in less than an hour and he usually pouts and retreats when I leave.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Lynne, it's good to hear that the meds might be working as hoped. We're all pulling for you. You need something to go your way for a while.
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I'm happy to hear of the good moments. Those moments became more and more rare before I placed DH, but I remember several of those times.

I hope it's the medication that's providing the good day, and that it continues.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thank you for the update Lynne! I sure hope its the meds and they continue to work!
  • Bob in LW
    Bob in LW Member Posts: 91
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    That's great news, Lynne. I know that it will make your job so much easier if the meds continue to work that way.  I'm very happy for you.
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Lynne, it's always good to hear when a Caregiver is having a good day. Thanks for sharing.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Oh Lynne, I’m so glad for you and your love one. Lord knows how you need this. I pray it will last for a while! Take care!
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Good news to hear. May I ask what antidepressant your husband is using? My husband has been on memantine ER for 7 years and will remain on it. Thank you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more