Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Can I keep it together

2»

Comments

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    DW is back for a while, gave her another corndog  she hasn't tried her juice yet.  Told  DW I loved her, and got the same back. I'm feeling better.
  • Hoot619

We saw the elder lawyer and all is done until we get dear wife admitted. Stopped at MC place on the way home , sign in window covid positive.  No way, we went home!  I did get rested up and feel a lot better, tomorrow will look for MC place.

I guess I'll finish the cranberry juice, she won't drink it. I picked up the UTI meds  today and mixed it up with pop now to get her to finish drinking it.

Turkey baster looking better but I don't think so.  They were suppose to give her meds by IV they know she won't take pills, ground, cut up or whole. Doesn't matter what you put them in- applesauce pudding. Will only drink pop no milk water etc.  I'll add some cold pop to her mix and hope like heck she drinks it.   If not $50 down the drain.  hell its' only money.  Hoot

• Hoot619
    When I read these that other caregivers have written and see how many years they have been doing this it makes me wonder why I am so effected by this disease.  I just got the wife's shirt on and no easy time of it.  So what does she do but start to pull the darn* thing off.  Neck out but arms in.  Sorry to say I swore at her and went to my room.  Maybe I better find a place for me.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, one of the things I admire about you is your sense of humor! No matter how hard things get you can still have humor. 

I hope all this goes well for you and your wife. Peace and strength for you.  

• Hoot619

If I didn't laugh at myself  and my mistakes I would be in rough shape.  At my meetings sometimes I tell of the dumb mistakes I make.  I think the best one was at deer camp, tired as heck and doing dishes.  Water in T-kettle heating up on wood heater. No steam coming out of spout I needed hot water.

To check it I stuck my finger in spout it didn't take very long to pull it out. I thought my buddy was going to die laughing.  He asked me was it hot!   It sure as heck was.  I haven't did or done that ever again.     Hoot                       She did get meds drank,another win

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Great for all those little wins lately - each one a good achievement!  Nice to win even little things. 

Had to smile at the "dumb mistake," with the teapot.  Funny how many "dumb mistake" stories happen at deer camp!  Our family has a whole boat load of those deer camp stories.

It is wonderful that everything has been put into  place with the CELA.  So nice hearing you were in "Marquette," one of my lovely places to be, especially in autumn along with Negaunee and Ishpeming.  Some good pasty shops around those areas.  Spent a lot of time at Presque Isle before all the building went up and when it was wilder. 

Must have felt really good being out with your son and not having to be at home with all and sundry.   Hope you got to have some lunch out together too.

You have been doing a great job under some pretty difficult circumstances, it won't be long now until all falls into place and you have achieved the goal of good placement which may be good for the both of you.  She will have increased socialization, a team of care aides over 24 hours, and a good solid routine and structure.  She may actually improve and your life will once again have peace and time to care for yourself too.   You will still be able to be her loving husband and advocate when you visit her, but no more overwhelming exhaustion.

Take good care and let us know how it is going.

The other Yooper,

J.

• Hoot619

Thanks Jo C , Yes we ate Son loves Chinese he did't want to go but I told him they quit putting the spice that causes my H. hernia to act up. And if does get me a Tonic with Quinine in it and clears it up right away.  Does wonders with leg cramps too.

Wife had a bad day but she did eat 2 raisin bran muffins I made, also a corn dog 3 pops. Hope the medicine she drank yesterday works. Was suppose to be drank right after mixing it.  Well she got it half drank and I added enough cold pop to it and she finished it later. Not only a Yooper but a Finnish one. Wish I would have learned the language. Hoot

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more