Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I saw the Doc's nurse this morning

2»

Comments

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    That was one heck of an adventure Hoot. It looks like everything is falling in place for you and your wife. You have done a great job as a caregiver and you took it as far as you possibly could. Now professionals are going to bring a next level of quality to her life. I follow your posts Hoot you are a tough man, hats off to you. Reading about your experiences helps me deal with mine, thank you for that.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

What a great outcome, Hoot.  I am so pleased for you; talk about a blessing in the wonderful people in the U.P. in small towns which can really make a difference.   But then I am not biased just because I am originally from a small town in  the U.P.  (Smile.)

May this continue to go smoothly; I rather imagine it must be a monumental relief of stress.

Big success for a caring fellow who went the limit and then some.  

J.  (Yooper)

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    The best part of today is my son called and asked if I want to go fishing at 6:30. Heck yes, seems like it has been a long time since I wet a line.  Panfish but it is fishing and they eat good.I have been cleaning and eating them but maybe I can catch a few.  Being out on a pontoon is like fishing out of a Caddalac.  Will be nice to be out.  Hoot
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hurray!  What a nice son.

J.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot thanks for all the updates. Especially the fishing one I love pan fish. Yellow perch is one of my favorites. Now I need a napkin my mouths watering. This is real good news for you and your wife I will continue prayers for you.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So glad your son called and you both got to go fishing! What a great stress relief! The excitement of getting a bite and then bringing it in.  Enjoy! 

• jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Oh, man - I'd love to go out fishing. It's been at least 5 years since I've been out. Enjoy every minute of your time with your son and a pole. You can rest easy knowing your wife is getting good care.
  • Hoot619

We all had a good time' not too many keepers but what we kept will go in freezer til I get enough for a meal.

It was real relaxing and Ethel( son's Wife ) sent me home with a homemade chicken pot pie which I am eating now. Youngest grandson Franklin caught the biggest bluegill

And again thank you to all of you that prayed for us and guided me on our journey especially yesterday. And the dumb Finn Genius followed directions.  No messages on phone from hospital Hoot

• Hoot619

Hi all, No word yet from Hospital on them finding a MCF for Jan. Just got up and I am doing good.  Well better say that different. Lots to do and better get started.   Putting her clothes together and maybe now can concentrate on what to do I hope.. Daughter Jennifer  will be up this weekend- new clothes for Jan.  She has been a great help also my son and his wife.

ADHD or ADD I have and trying to do something most times and keeping at it  is something else. Working at one thing at a time is what I have to do.  Cooking I'm ok, cleaning is a laugh, dishes done when I run out of silverware. Darn dishwasher went to heck, repair will be done early Nov.   Parts shortage.

Well I better get a piece of paper out and write down 2-3 things I want to accomplish today and do one at a time.

I miss the wife but I'm so glad she is now going to get the care she deserves.  Thanks again everybody. Hoot

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more