Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

My dear wife passed at 10:05 this morning

2»

Comments

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Hoot: Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story as it will help prepare others for their journey.
  • AnnMB
    AnnMB Member Posts: 30
    10 Comments

Hoot, I am sorry to hear about your wife's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts at this time.

Like you, I wouldn't want my DH back the way he was but we are moving slowly forward remembering him for who he was. I hope you are able to do that also.

Ann

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Hey Hoot, I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. You and your wife are both in a better place now. Now like a fish that's been on a stringer all day that just got released, take off for the middle of the lake. Good luck and please continue to share your experiences with us.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Thanks all, these condolences just show me how much the caregivers here care about each other and their loved ones.  All of these help me in my grief and and  some really hit the nail on the head.

As a caregiver we are really put thru the wringer. We go thru situations that we never even had a clue about.  There are so many here that went thru this already and can offer good advice.  It is up to us to try it.

When I was in recovery, 40 years ago Friday the 30th I learned how to deal with my Father's death when I was a kid.  My therapist told me to write him a letter-it worked.  Now I have another letter to write and will do so in the days ahead. Writing this now with tears streaming down my face. Love you all. Hoot

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Dear Hoot,

Please accept my sincere condolences. I am sorry to hear of Jan's passing. You and your family are in my prayers.

• Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I'm so sorry, Hoot. What an amazing job you did caring for her. I'm glad you're focusing on all the good memories. My prayers are for you and your family to find peace knowing she's not suffering now.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Please add my condolences to those sent. It is a hard loss...a very hard loss.

I remember clearly the crippling pain as well as the shocking sense of relief. It was very strange and somewhat disconserting.

Please consider staying with us. Stage "8", grief, is often made easier with others by our side. 

• Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. My sweet DH died 5 months ago so I can relate to the simultaneous grief and relief you may be feeling.  I agree that grief counseling (after a month) is helpful and I'd like to add that it's ok to cry, cry and cry some more.  Take care.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Hoot, I'm so sorry.  You and your Jan have been in my prayers for quite a while and I know it was hard.  You have been a wonderful and loving caregiver and husband.  Praying for your peace and comfort.

Brenda

• Kenzie56
    Kenzie56 Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Care Reactions
    I am so sorry for your loss.  Your DW is at peace now. You did have a wonderful love story and you need to focus on Jan before dementia. I hope you can now gain your strength back and live your remaining years knowing you did the best you could for her.  Everything you did was out of love.
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hoot, please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your wife.

Thank you for sharing the journey with us.  

Wishing you peaceful healing.

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So sorry for your loss.  Please take care of yourself

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia