Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

And now, my turn to announce…

2»

Comments

• saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Lynne, My deepest sympathy to you and your family.  I hope there are some fond memories to help you through this difficult time.
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Lynne, I’m so sorry for your loss. May your precious memories become a blessing.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne I am sorry for your loss, this was very sudden. Like so many have said you have been a great caregiver despite all that you've face. I will continue to lift you up.

Stewart

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    So So sorry.
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Lynne my condolences to you. You have travel a rough road, may you have peace now.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Sorry for your loss. This has certainly given me pause. I wish you strength in the coming days.

Dave

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Lynn, I am sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength to manage the days ahead.

Take care

• Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    I am sorry for your loss.  I hope you are able to find peace quickly and begin an amazing new chapter in your life.
  • Dominic776
    Dominic776 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Peace to you too, Lynne.

Dominic

• jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    The utter shock you must be feeling right now...I'm at a loss for words. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for healing your body and your soul. ((HUGS))
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    I am so sorry for your loss.

HB
  • Caring4two
    Caring4two Member Posts: 33
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Comments

The morning my husband died (been 5 years now) I was numb and so emotionally tired. After they came and took the body, the hospice nurse told me to go do something for myself. I had no idea what to do because all my life I’ve been focused on taking care of others, not myself (retired nurse and mother of autistic son). She suggest doing something crazy like painting my toenails red. (I’d never had a professional pedicure in my life.) 

So, I walked into a nail salon that afternoon and asked them to paint my toenails red. Sitting next to me in a chair was another women getting her toes done. She complimented me on the shade of red and asked if it was my favorite color. I told her no, but that’s what the hospice nurse had suggested I do and that I had just lost my husband of 40 years. 

The warm water and the foot rub did help relax me and helped clear my mind for a moment. When I went to pay for the pedicure, it had already been paid for by the woman sitting next to me in the chair. To this day, I keep my toe nails painted red. Every time I look down at my feet I remember that day. 

One day at a time my friend. Sometimes one minute at a time! You will find yourself again. It just takes time to heal emotionally.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Lynne, I am so so sorry. I just have no words. 
    You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lynne,

I really am sorry for your loss. This disease takes no prisoners and grief is a constant. I hope your family and friends provide comfort. I wish you healing and peace.

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Lynne, I am so sorry.  Please take care of yourself.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lynne,

I am so sorry to hear this news.  Even when the outcome is inevitable, we keep hoping for the best.  You have traveled a long and bumpy road; rest and take care of yourself.  Lynn

• Kenzie56
    Kenzie56 Member Posts: 130
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Care Reactions
    Oh Lynne, I am so sorry.  I haven't logged on for a while - still adjusting to placing DH, so it came as a shock to read this.  You have my condolences.  I know that there really are no words to comfort you - but please know that I am thinking of you. Peace be with you.
  • Kibbee
    Kibbee Member Posts: 229
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions
    I’m sorry to hear about your husband.  May you find peace in the days ahead, and may memories of happier times sustain you in the years to come.
  • DJnAZ
    DJnAZ Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    My sincere condolences. Your husband is now at peace and I hope you are able to find some as well.
  • Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Lynne,

I am so sorry.  God bless you, both. 

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    ((((Lynne)))))    You're in our thoughts. Hugs Zetta
  • Daughter of a Marine
    Daughter of a Marine Member Posts: 55
    Seventh Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes

Lynne - 

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss and I pray you are comforted by the knowledge that you were his rock and did everything within your power to support and advocate for him. I lost my dad to advanced Alzheimers and when he died, I was filled with mixed emotions - wouldn't wish another day of his misery, yet there is still that empty chair.  Now my DH has Dementia and our journey down that road is unescapable.  It's a hellish disease and I know how relieved you must be that your DH has been set free - Still, there is the loss, the grief and sorrow I know you are feeling, and you will be in my prayers.  God bless you and may He heal your broken heart. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more