Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

ALZConnected Q&A Thread

Comments

• ALZConnected Moderator
    ALZConnected Moderator Administrator Posts: 86
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Admin

Drafts are saved automatically and will remain there until posted or discarded. You can find your drafts by clicking on your avatar/profile in the top-right corner:

You can then either click on the draft to be taken to the post you were working on, or you can click on the little X in the corner to remove the draft.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

A link to the Community Guidelines is fixed to the right of all discussion pages, beneath the Quick Links section:

New members are required to agree that they understand the Community Guidelines:

Members that click that they want their email address made public means that other members can see that user's email address.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Thank you for your feedback. Please understand that the inability to increase the size of avatars/profile pictures is not a feature of the platform. If this becomes available in the future, then we will implement it. Please note that you can view a larger sized version of a member's profile picture/avatar by clicking on their profile and viewing it from there. We appreciate your understanding.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

The ALZConnected moderation team is viewing and replying to questions and concerns on this thread. Please post the issue you mentioned here and we will address them. Please note that this thread is for questions and answers only, and that any posts that are not questions or answers will be removed.

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

If I want to see the most active current discussions in all categories, is going to this button the best option? If not, please advise:

• LadyTexan

Can tags be added to a discussion anytime after the original discussion is started? If yes, how is this done.

For example, if I wanted to add the tag "new platform", "useful info" or "widgets" to this discussion. How would I do it?

• LadyTexan

I am having difficulty finding a response to this comment. Is there a way to reply directly to a comment within the discussion? I am not talking about direct messaging the comment poster. I am talking about having a comment attached directly to a comment already within the discussion.

In my current comment, I have included loveskitties original comment using the quote feature.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin
  • ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

You can edit your post to add a tag; however, you can only use tags from the existing list. You can find that list here.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

There is currently not a way to implement the feature you are requesting. In order to directly address a comment, we suggest you continue to use the Quote feature. Thank you for your understanding.

• LadyTexan
    edited April 2023

Would you please explain how to add a tag once I have opened the edit function?

Edited by LT:

It appears that I can only add tags, if I am the original poster. Is that correct? If so, please advise.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Yes, you can only tag a discussion that you have created. Click the three dots at the top of the discussion thread you created, then click edit. You will now see the Tags section at the bottom of the page, so feel free to add as many tags as you wish.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,747
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

what are notifications?

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Notifications are shown in the bell icon in the top-right of the page. There are a variety of items you can get notifications on, such as when your posts are replied to. You can find out more about how to adjust your notifications here.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,701
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

THANK YOU for the larger fonts!!! Much better!! Now if there was just a way to make them all a little bit darker?

• towhee
    towhee Member Posts: 471
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Thank you for the larger fonts!

Question--- Is the link to the survey in the post by Vanderbuilt/Alz.org still active? I just get page not found.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

I have 4 Cares. What does this mean?

• Iris L.

I have a category on my profile for "Popular Posts". What makes a post popular?

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,348
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Is there a way to bring back a working link to "Understanding the Dementia Experience"?

What happened to the "Solutions" pages?

FTR, I appreciate the speed with which the site is working, remaining signed in, not having longer replies vanish into thin air and starting where I left on longer threads.

HB

• M1

Just agreeeing with HB, I also miss the Solutions pages and used to refer for them, very useful especially for new members. Hope they are not gone for good. Knowing whether there is any way to create a live link would also be useful. Ed used to have a way to do it but it involved creating a link in a Word document and then copying and pasting, I don't know if that would still work?

• M1

Just tried to copy this so let's see if it still works once i post it

• M1

No, it does not.

• M1
    edited April 2023
  • M1

This also doesn't work from this site. So I guess the qeustion is, is there any way we can post active links to any document?

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,398
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

Is there any way we can get a horizontal list of the various threads once we open a discussion( general topics for example). Similar to the old site with minimal info - title, original poster, last updated date/time. And have it happen while we remain signed in?

I use an iPhone SE 2020 to come here. The screen isn’t huge. I only get one thread box to show up on my screen and then must scroll down again and again as I pass each thread. By the time I’ve scrolled through the most recent six, I am annoyed and I’ve given up. I think that’s a common refrain among your most ardent members.

So threads of people who need supported are not getting their threads seen. Therefore they aren’t getting answers from other members

Getting this list would increase traffic to these discussions and threads much more than any of the gratification techniques.

• Iris L.

Test: posting a link:

• Iris L.

I posted a link above to alz.org and it worked for me. I used the "quotation" icon at the bottom left of this comment text box. Try it.

• M1
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,747
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Is there a way to include date of each post along with time of post????

sometimes only the date is gives...other times just the time...both are really helpful

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 343
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Any way you can add the year to the date of postings? Would also be helpful it the OP could be identified in the thread, here's an example:

We appreciate your efforts in trying to accommodate all our requests.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more