Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

ALZConnected Q&A Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,701
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

Victoria, I think I can answer this one for you: if you look to the upper right under Quick Links, there should be a listing "My drafts." I had two things there that I had started but didn't post. You can delete them from the Drafts and then they are gone. Try that.

Just looked under "My discussions" too, and there is a list of 106 threads that I had started. No way to delete them I don't think, and I'm not sure that's a useful list for me, but it might be for some.

• [Deleted User]
  • ALZConnected Moderator
    ALZConnected Moderator Administrator Posts: 86
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Admin

Reacting to posts is part of the new ALZConnected platform. What you're seeing is how many other members have given your posts the Care reaction.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Posts that receive a lot of comments, views, and reactions will be considered popular posts. The ALZConnected moderation team does not curate these posts, but rather they are decided by the members through engagement.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin
    edited April 2023

Thank you for catching that the link was not working properly in the Vanderbilt survey post. It should be working as intended now.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

While the Solutions page is no longer part of the new platform, we appreciate your feedback. It looks like other members have posted the link you mentioned.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Each category section has a horizontal list of each post listed by the last interaction date. If you want to see all posts across all categories, you can click Browse All Discussions from the home page, or click here. As for seeing these posts minimalized as you requested, this is not a feature that is currently available. Thank you for your understanding.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Thank you for the feedback. While there is not currently a way to identify the author with a tag like you showed in your post, but that would be a great feature. We can pass that along to the platform designers.

As for your request about the year to the date of postings, this appears automatically to posts that were made last year and older. You can also highlight over the date on a post to be shown the year and time:

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 2023

Now I cannot find "Popular Posts" on my profile.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,398
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 2023

I do not have a horizontal list. When I select a discussion ( such as caregiver general topics), it opens to a scrollable vertical list of threads, arranged so that only one thread title, author and a few words of verbiage fits on my IPHONE screen. I have to scroll down to see the next thread title etc / see screenshot below to see what I see. That’s my entire screen. I’d like this arranged that I scroll right to see the thread header info connected to the thread title so that I see more than 1 thread at a time on my IPHONE screen. That’s how the old format worked on my screen. I’m not using a laptop

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I have not come across a link that works for Understanding the Dementia Experience

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2023
  • M1

I couldn't get it to work Victoria. Agree, is there any intent for this site to be anything more than a chat board? Do you have any intention of reposting the Solutions section of the previous website, the Ghent-Fuller article, or any way we can post a group of links that work?

• M1

Is there a way to message someone whose profile is private? I would like to message Victoria for the information she mentions, but since her profile is private, I can't sent a private message?

• LadyTexan
    edited April 2023

I used the Solutions section often and found the solutions infinitely helpful. WHY in the world, would that critical feature be removed?

TEST by LT: practicing a link to another discussion

• LadyTexan
    edited April 2023

Regarding the link in my post above: it will take you to the other discussion, but only to the page of my post. The link will not take you directly to my post.

FTR - To create the link above, I used the link function that appears when you highlight text with your curser (same function bar as bold, italic, strike through).

• [Deleted User]
  • ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

You can post a link by highlighting the text you want to link and clicking the chain button. Paste or type in the URL and then press enter. If the link is not affiliated with ALZ.org, then other users will get a warning that the link will take them to another page.

As for the Solutions section, we recommend visiting alz.org or alznavigator.org for help and information. We also have our 24/7 Helpline available day or night at 800-272-3900. Thank you for your understanding.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

You can still send a message to a user with a private profile if you click on the Message button (envelope icon) and type in the member's name into the Recipients field.

• LadyTexan
    1. Why was the Solutions section eliminated?
    2. Will this useful information be reincorporated into AlzConnected?
  • tigersmom
    tigersmom Member Posts: 196
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am wondering why after I open a post and click back to return to the full board, it always dumps me back at the top. Why can't it preserve the location I left? Most of us are looking at several posts, not one. Really annoying lack of functionality, and a bad user experience.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I don't know why my Leave a Comment text box opened with this quote from a long prior post. I did not click on it.

Here is my question:

What was the thinking behind dividing the former General Caregiving into General Topics, Caring for a Parent, and Long Distance Caregiving? The information needed overlaps so much. Many caregivers and members who are not direct caregivers, such as myself, have pertinent experience to share and contribute.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

We have inclusivity in mind when discussing the new boards. There will always be overlap between them, so we recommend that you post to the board that you are most comfortable with.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Much of the information shown in the Solutions section was taken from our Help and Support page, which is still available here. We appreciate your feedback regarding this section of the previous platform and will take it into consideration as we continue to develop ALZConnected.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

Thank you for your feedback. When you are viewing a post and you click the link to the board you were on, it will always return you to the top of the board. If you click the Back button on your browser, however, it should return you to the place you were before you clicked a post. I confirmed this just now in Chrome. I hope you find this information helpful.

• towhee
    towhee Member Posts: 471
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Question re site security--- on the old platform if I was reading without signing in I could not read member profiles and bios. On the new site, although it asks you to sign in, if you do not and click on one of the listed tags instead, you will go straight to the site. Once there you can click on a member profile and read all info including bio and e-mail if a person has left that public. I realize that this is a public site, and that almost anyone can become a member, but--it does seem inconsistent with alz.org's own guidelines. Is this a bug that will be fixed? I had thought about adding a general bio, but unless this is addressed I will keep my profile private.

• ALZConnected Moderator
    Admin

That's a great catch! Thank you for pointing that out. Users that are not registered/signed in will now be redirected to a prompt to register/sign in when they click on a profile page. We appreciate the feedback.

• Jim32
    Jim32 Member Posts: 8
    Second Anniversary First Comment

Hello.

What happened to the "Clinical Trials" discussion on ALZConnected.org?

This was a place where new research into dementia was being discussed.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more