Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

By Beachfan: And So It Ends…..

2»

Comments

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 240
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I have followed your journey and offer sincere condolences to you and your family. What a wonderful tribute! Thanks so much for sharing. I wish you peace and wonderful memories of the life you shared before dementia entered into it. You were and are an inspiration to me as I go through a similar journey with my DH.

• Another Day
    Another Day Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Beachfan - You are so fortunate to have such a show of support in your time of need. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Palmetto Peg
    Palmetto Peg Member Posts: 189
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Likes

What a lovely tribute to a well-loved man! I know you are sad, but you should be very proud. Proud of him, and proud of yourself for the wonderful care you gave him. Peace and blessings to you both!

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Beachfan, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing, but because of this crappy disease, also happy that his suffering has ended. The baseball field lit up for 43 minutes and the picture of all those people gathered there together to remember your husband touched my heart.

I'm glad you have peace.

I loved your closing, and I'll repeat it. "Rest in peace Coach."

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Wow....how awesome. You are in my heart and prayers.

God Bless, Michele

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You were so positive dealing with this disease. What a difference he made with so many people. May your DH rest in peace.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your soul mate. Thank you for sharing all the pictures and I really like the one of him sitting on your porch. God bless you and your family.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Beachfan, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute by your community. Peace and love to you and your family.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Beachfan, so sorry for your loss! Thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute to your husband. What a testament to the wonderful person he was?! Thank you for YOUR support on this forum, as well! Now go and live your life! 🤗

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

My heartfelt condolences are being sent to you and your family on the loss of your beloved husband; your very best friend. Yours was a love story and you honored him with your care, advocacy and going the distance with and for him.

Thank you for sharing the deeply felt honoring tribute for your husband, "the coach," who touched so many lives in a very good way leaving loving thoughts with many.

J.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    edited April 2023

Your husband was beloved by so many! What a wonderful and moving tribute to him for the community at large to meet on the coach’s playing field. You’ve been an equally wonderful wife, caregiver, and mom/grandma evidenced by your supportive family. So touching. May he rest in peace. And may you continue to bask in all your memories of his life and love.

• tigersmom
    tigersmom Member Posts: 196
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Beachfan, I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like your dear husband lived a life that really made a difference to lots of people. I hope that you can take some comfort from that in the hard days that lie ahead. My thoughts, and my condolences, are with you.

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Your story was one of the first I read and felt connected to when I joined the message boards 2 1/2 years ago. The small town and DH being a coach was something we had in common. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts and prayers.

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 524
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

What a lovely tribute. I'm very sorry for your loss. I do think you have the support of the community, which is wonderful. However, do focus on you. You need time to just be you, to sit and remember all the wonderful memories you have.

eagle

• Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

So lovely to see the effect your Husband had on others throughout his life. Welcome the peace you feel now,,,as even with loss, it undoubtedly has to feel at least in part, a relief.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 347
    100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments First Anniversary

May you find peace in knowing you were there for him and he knew he was loved. My deepest sympathies.

• Sherry LD
    Sherry LD Member Posts: 52
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

So sorry for your loss! Prayer 🙏 for comfort

• LSUshad
    LSUshad Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

That is such a beautiful tribute. Peace be with you in this time of loss.

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Beachfan,

I am so sorry about your husband. He was lucky he had you as you loved him so much. I imagine the tributes from those that knew him were indeed heartfelt. I think the both of you were such a wonderful couple. I am so sorry for your loss. This is hard, but your husband won the lottery when he married you. I wish you healing and peace.

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 748
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Beachfan, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. What a wonderful tribute from your community.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more