Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Need volunteers and Adult Day Care in Seymour area

I am caring for a spouse and have no relief at all. I cannot seem to find any volunteers to come and stay with him for a few hours or an adult day care in the area to give me some time that is not costly. Does anyone know of any services in my area that might help, we don't qualify for Medicaid or Veteran aid unless we spend down.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Try your local department on aging, a senior center, or his doctor. They might have ideas for you.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

I agree with Ed. Try the triple a area Agency on aging. Check the lical Alzheimers agency they sometimes have funds set aside for that. Get on that list.

Stewart

• Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Where is Seymour?

• MelGill
    MelGill Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

I understand your pain. I'm in the same boat for my mom. And our relationship has never been the best since I was born. I'm about to pull my hair out. These other people said to call AAA. I got a voucher for someone to come help or the day center. I only got 1500 for a year. But right now I'll take whatever. They didn't really talk much more about what they offer. Seems like there is so much help out there. But no one wants to do there job anymore these days. So I'm sitting here guessing and crying everyday! We have absolutely no family. And I'm the only child. I'm 40 years old. And my whole life has been put on hold. Good luck to you. Wish I knew more to say.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more