Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

:) Just joined. Won't have a lot of time to share/post, but glad to be here and hope to be helpful and to learn. Grateful for this site because I've been handling DH with Alz for several years by myself. Am losing my hair!! And mind?
Tagged:

Comments

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    edited May 2023

Welcome, I share your opening of gratitude and an open mind. I get a lot of my support here. I sign in almost every morning to check my emotional temperature. This disease presents new problems for me to solve and when I am willing to post them here, I get solutions to consider. Such a deal!

Dave

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Glad you found this - I joined a couple of months ago and it has helped me a lot. Sorry you have to be here, though. We're all in this together.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Welcome to the forum. Virtual support has almost literally kept me alive for coming up on three years. Please do post when you can.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Montanasal and a very warm welcome to you; we are delighted to have you join us in this wonderfully supportive place.

It was the kind and lovely people here who helped me keep my head above water when i was going through the worst of times; I do not know what I would have done without the support and experiential wisdom. I used to say that I was beginning to lose my marbles and if anyone saw them rolling by, could they please stop them and send them back COD . . . well; in addition to the very real support and wonderful input regarding problem issues, the missing marbles dynamic took on a whole new life of its own with much Member kindly humor. It is also good to be able to find a few smiles and even chuckles in the midst of all else.

We will look forward to getting to know you and will await that pleasure; see you soon . . . .

J.

• Noemit1966
    Noemit1966 Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Care Reactions

Hi Montanasal, I am sorry you are having to care for your loved one by yourself. I totally understand because I am doing this alone too. Take supplements to help with your hair loss. Perhaps a supplement or tea for the stress will be helpful also. Take care!

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hi Sal. Just another welcome. Sorry you need us, but you're in a good place, while in a bad situation. You will get plenty of support and understanding here, so post about whatever concerns you. Practically nothing is off limits.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more