Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Holding my DW hostage

2»

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,408
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited June 2023

It doesn’t matter what Crushed’s politics are - or what anyone else’s are. Crushed was venting when he started this discussion and that is encouraged on the forum. We are to be kind and civil to each other here, to disagree politely- if we need to disagree at all. You came back to this thread after five days to renew a battle with Crushed … and for what purpose? Just scroll past the thread. He’s a beloved senior member of this group, with a wife that’s been unresponsive for several years, and yet he still offers information to many people We are here to support and encourage each other/ not to tear each other down and cause arguments There are Facebook groups that love drama if that’s what you feel is the best way to support fellow caregivers.

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 240
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Unbreakable,

If you don't like Crushed's posts, just don't read them. It is as simple as that.

• Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

QBC, Well said about Crushed.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited June 2023

Different political and religious posts do exist here. There is no possible way we could all think/believe the same way.

Your last post has been flagged 4 times! Perhaps this is not the forum for you

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

I always want to hear both sides of a debate. I want to be able to research issues and determine my own opinion using critical thinking skills. I question just about everything and I have since I was young. You can’t really learn when you are force fed one ideology or the next. It was very sad to hear about the loss of so many nursing home residents who died alone during lock downs. That was pathetic. They deserved so much better than that. It never, ever made sense to me to quarantine the healthy or mandate inoculations that lacked many clinical studies, nor roll them out during the pandemic. (Never done before, and never should have been). There were so many red flags that were just swept under the rug. Now, I believe the Covid subject was brought up by crushed whose background seems significant and who was concerned about his LO losing hard earned benefits that would be needed for continuous dementia care. However, as unbreakable said the debt ceiling debate would be solved, and it was. I hope crushed is relieved now. Both parties have a lot to offer this site. I don’t think any of it should be censored.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more