Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Looking for Oregon (Bend/Redmond) Resources

Hi there! First time poster, although I have lurked and found this community very helpful.
I live in Arizona but am trying to help my FIL with resource help (more personal experiences then a list) and thought I'd see if there happened to be anyone local to him on here.
My MIL is still at home but we have started the discussion of possible placement into a MC facility.
Does anyone have personal experience with any facilities in the Bend/Redmond area of Oregon? Hoping to allow her to age-in-place and accepts Medicaid.
Which bring me to my next request: Any personal experience with elder attorneys in the area that specialize in Medicaid.
Thank you all!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Sorry, I don't have any experience there, but here is a link to help find a CELA if you should need it. https://nelf.org/search/custom.asp?id=5427

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Mike,

I live in the Bend area, 20 miles from Bend. My husband aged in place in an AL/MC facility in LaPine, Oregon. That is 27 miles from Bend. He was in MC for 2 years, before he passed away and got the best loving care. It's a small facility and it does accept Medicaid.

The facility is Prairie House, in LaPine Oregon. If you make contact with the director there, she may know of a attorney in the area that specializes in Medicaid.

I hope this helps you. Hugs Zetta

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney