Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Husband has Dementia

My first husband of 45 years died of cancer in the end I was his caregiver. We had a business so I ended up running it because he was so sick. Then sold it to take care of him full time. My husband died and I felt my.life was over then I met a divorced man . We enjoyed each other so much had fun traveling the usa in a RV and getting married on the Big island. I decided to buy a farm in Hilo to spend our lives in paradise. Everything perfect until the volcano 🌋 erupted an covered
our property. We moved back to Oregon to be close to family. I am 77 and he is 70 we have been married 7 wonderful years. One night he woke up screaming his headache and could not walk. At ER they said he had a stroke and that minute his personality went from a loving kind Christian man to the devil. Yelling cursing and telling me I was a blank blank. I was upset but stuck it out I thought it would pass. THAT WAS 1 year ago and now he had a heart attack with 3 stints put in. I had to move him out into a apartment near his son. It was verbal abuse every day and a weird paranoid thinking that aliens were coming for him. My family want me to divorce him. I have a prenuptial because he cant manage money and has nothing. We went to marriage counseling but did nothing because his mind is so mixed up.
Not safe to be in car with him he drives fast and careless. Im trying hard to endure this but my health taking a toll with high blood pressure. I miss the man I married but who he is now I don't know. Very paranoid he has a app that tells him where I am and thinks Im out chasing men. I have family near me to help me because I have horses and property to take care of. My family says to divorce him. I cry everyday because I miss my sweetheart. I still want to have a loving Christian partner to share my life with. I am so sad right now its lonely living on this ranch alone.
Tagged:

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney