Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

ABETA 42/40 Ratio Blood test

2»

Comments

• kenrbnsn
    kenrbnsn Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments

Our house is in my name only. We do have a joint bank account and a investment account (bonds left to me after my mother passed in 2014). I will have to talk with our account manager on how to handle that one. I know that she also has a joint bank account with her daughter. We each own our cars -- no loans. We have two joint credit cards. She has a few credit cards, most have very low balances. So many things to think about and take care of. At least I know what I need to do. When my first wife passed, I didn't have a clue and it was a mess.

• kenrbnsn
    10 Comments

I have to remember not to do things like I used to do.

We were out after my doctor's appointment this afternoon (I'm having issues with my legs) and she wanted to run into a "Dollar Store". I parked the car like I normally do & waited for her to come back (I know I should have gone in with her). She texted me that she couldn't find the car (at least she remembered to do that). I got out of the car to stand up (painfully) to look for her and she saw me standing by the car. From now on I will have to go to the store with her.

When we got home, she said "tomorrow is Friday, correct?" Tomorrow is Thursday.

Due to the issues with my legs, it looks like I will be working from home until they get better. This is actually a good thing so I will be able to watch what she does.

• upstateAnn
    upstateAnn Member Posts: 103
    100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I think it is time you got some respite care so you have an afternoon. “Off.” Do you have

an office for the aging in Rockland that might help. I adore my DH, but I would go nuts without a weekly break.

• kenrbnsn
    10 Comments

Well, I put up with her 24/7 during Covid when I worked from home everyday, so I will get thru this too. If it gets too bad I will reach out to some support services. BTW, I'm in NJ, not NY.

I noticed another change today. In past years she's been able to multi-task very well. Today she was trying to juggle quite a few tasks and she got very frustrated that she couldn't do all of them. And now she gets frustrated if things on the computers don't work exactly right. For example, tonight she was trying to send an email message to many email addresses and it just wasn't working. Being her "tech guy" I stepped in and fixed her problem. A few email addresses were malformed, but she just couldn't see them.

• upstateAnn
    upstateAnn Member Posts: 103
    100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Hmm. My DH and I did well during COVID. However, he then did not ask me the same question 10 times a day, constantly follow me around and need help to use a phone. I find respite now essential.

• kenrbnsn
    10 Comments

My DW is not at that stage yet, but she is repeating questions often. She doesn't follow me around and can still use the phone, but is having some problems with her laptop.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more