Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Another update on Peewee.

ladypeewee
ladypeewee Member Posts: 62
Eighth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you all that Peewee's Journey have come to a end. Peewee got his wings early this morning around 3:30. I will forever Miss my Peewee.

I was sitting by his side and holding his hand and telling him how much I loved him when he took his last breath.

My Journey is over now, and my new life has begun, I will forever love my Peewee and I will forever miss him. For it was Peewee who made me the women I am today, and for that I am forever grateful he was the best part of me and I know that he wouldn't want me to sit around and stew in my pain and heartache. I will face each and every challenge with a brave new face as I face this new life without the love of my life.

For all of you just starting this Journey my heart goes out to you, and for those of you that have been facing this Journey for sometime Remember to bend in the wind, and for those that have come to the end of your Journey My heart is heavy for you. This group has been a very strong teaching tool, as well as a loving support group.

I thank you all for loving me through my Journey. I will come back from time to time to see how everyone is doing So for now this LadyPeewee saying goodnight.

Photo was taken Christmas of 2023

LadyPeewee and Peewee Partners for ever

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest Lady Peewee, I write this with tears for you at your loss, I extend my heartfelt condolences and great respect for all you have been and all that you are. Your message is beautifully written and touches my heart.

I am so glad you were able to be with your beloved Peewee at the end of his journey as you have been since the beginning. Yours is truly a love story in every way. You have been steadfast through all that has happened and have faithfully gone the course and beyond in so many ways.

May peace and solace find you soon as you find your way through the new way of being. Please do come and see us often. You will always a part of this large extended family as all of us are even after we lose our Loved One.

You are special and I send this message with love and caring,

J

• Vitruvius
    Vitruvius Member Posts: 322
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

My sincerest condolences to you. I am deeply saddened by your loss. May your new life be fulfilling and may your memories of Peewee always bring you joy.

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest sympathy to you. I have followed your journey and know you have been a most loving wife and caretaker to your dear PeeWee. Thank you for posting the sweet photo of you and PeeWee. Now you begin new chapters in your life's journey. I send comforting wishes to you and a prayer that you can forge ahead in this new stage of your life.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Heartfelt condolences to you LP on your DH’s passing. You have been a heroic caregiver, and even as your heart is now heavy I wish you peace and sweet memories as you build a new life.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

My condolences, Lady Peewee. Be gentle with yourself as you transition into Stage 8.

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,675
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

(((Lady)))

please do visit us when you feel like it.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Peewee, My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. May you find some peace in the days ahead.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,719
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Peace to you. I am so sorry for your loss, your liove is so evident. You did a wonderful job caring for him and I'm glad the end was peaceful.

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Peewee,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and strength in the days and months going forward. Your love for him was evident in your unrelenting caregiving. Now, rest, rejuvenate, and let sweet memories sustain you.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I am sorry for your loss.

You were a devoted caregiver. I hope you can find peace in that as you move forward.

HB

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

RIP PeeWee. Lady PeeWee, you can find comfort in knowing you cared for him until his final breath and wish you peace, strength and love as you live forward.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,315
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Peewee, please accept my sincere condolencees on your great loss. So many of us knwo exactly how you're feeling at this moment. I know I felt lost for a long time and still do from time to time. The picture of you and Peewee is something you'll treasure forever. After I lost Charles I had one of his pictures enlarged and framed and I've kept it on the table between our chairs since then. It makes me feel like he's still here. Take care of yourself, rest when you can and come back and visit with us when you feel like doing so.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Lady Peewee, my deep condolences on your loss! Just know that your LO is in a good place now and his suffering is over. Please take care of yourself and enjoy the days ahead...there's still much life to be lived. (((hugs)))

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You were such a devoted caregiver and wife. Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. Please do come back and check in when you feel you can

eagle

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

So, so sorry you've lost the love of your life, but thankful for the way you were able to be with him until the end. For now, rest and take life minute by minute as needed.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lady Peewee, please accept my condolences in the lost of your dear Peewee. I love your photograph.

Iris

• A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Lady Peewee, I got to where you are now almost 3 months ago. I'm so sorry for your loss, but also relieved that both his and your agony is over. Peace be unto you both. (And, along with everyone else, I love the photo.)

• Lakhota
    Lakhota Member Posts: 6
    Eighth Anniversary First Comment

Lady PeeWee, Sorry for your loss may you find peace, comfort, and joy in your next journey. Well done, good and faithful servant. I too like the picture.

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady Peewee, you two look so lovely together. I love this picture of you and Peewee. I am so sorry for your loss, I can imagine how you must feel. I wish you peace and you are both in my heart.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady Peewee, My sincere condolences on your loss. I'm so glad Peewee is at peace. (((Hugs)))

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Your post is so heartfelt and written beautifully. I am relatively new here and my DH is in early to mid-stage. Your strength has given me hope that I can be the caretaker that you have been.

I am so deeply sorry for your loss - the picture of you and your husband is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 887
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

So sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. You were a great caregiver for Peewee. Please stay in touch. I'm in the middle of our journey. Sending love and hugs.

• storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

So very sorry for your huge loss, Lady Peewee. You have my condolences. I wish you peace and comfort. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. What a dear picture of the two of you. May your heart heal quickly as you rest and settle into this new journey.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

such a loving moment for you to be with him at the end. Love to you and your family

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady Peewee I’m so sorry. I hope you can find peace knowing that you took the very best care of your dear husband. God bless you as you go forward.

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dear Lady Peewee, I too wish to express my condolence for the loss of your husband. I thank you for sharing this experience with us because it gives me a learning opportunity as we share this common experience.

Dave

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,074
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Let the love you had for each other fill your heart as you go thru the days without your DH.

May you find peace of heart and mind.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Dear Lady Peewee, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Peewee I have followed your story with him for these past few years and I know that you loved him truly and you did everything you could to care for him and keep him safe. I know this is such a sad day for you and how much you hurt. I pray that God would be with you and you can find peace and solace in the days ahead knowing that because of you he was well taken care of and you did the best that you could. Take some time to grieve but eventually step out into the world I know he would want you to do that. God's blessing to you as you start a whole new life and a whole new journey without the love of your life. Richard

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady peewee my heart sank but I know you have a deep love for peewee. That's a beautiful picture of you both. Now take some rest and please come back every now and then. My prayers continue for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more