Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Another update on Peewee.

2»

Comments

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Dear Lady,

We were on this journey so long together. My heart hurts for you. Godspeed,

Michele

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm so sorry to hear of Peewee's passing. Life will be hard in the coming days, but I pray you will find joy with the memories he left behind.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Lady PeeWee - I am sending you my most heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your beloved PeeWee. Your story was always such an inspiration to me from my earliest days here in the forum. We were both trying to figure out how to pull back on hours at work while still earning a living, but needing more and more time to take care of our DHs as their needs increased. You did it! Holding you in the biggest group hug a forum friend can send, virtually.

You are an incredible caregiver and wife, which he knew. I hope your healing journey is filled more and more with memories of the beautiful times you had together, even while you grieve and miss him. I love your picture and how you said he got his wings. So true. You saw him through the toughest times, and now he is free. We are here anytime you feel like checking in. May Stage 8 be gentle on you.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,012
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    edited September 2023

My heart breaks for you. You were such a patient and courageous caregiver to your DH. I wish there were words… All that comes is tears.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more