Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

End of the trail

2»

Comments

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 193
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Bill, so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace and may you find peace. The good memories of her and your life together will help you sustain. Prayers for you.

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Bill I am awed and envious of your plans to navigate this final chapter. So often the daily caregiving of our loved ones keeps us from understanding the consequences we suffer, both while caregiving and when grieving. I will take your "to do" list and keep it as a reminder for myself. Sending you warm thoughts for the coming days.

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest Sympathy to you, Bill. May you find comfort in memories of your DH's healthier years and all the womderful years you had together.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Heartfelt condolences to you on your DW’s passing. Wishing you resilience as you move forward with wonderful memories of earlier times.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I am sorry for the loss of your dear wife.

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you everyone for such positive responses and condolences. There definitely is strength in community.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 528
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

So sorry for the loss of your wife. You are inspiring me to remember how precious our time with our loved ones is. Wishing you continued strength as you navigate this new part of the journey.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Bill my condolences I am sad and want to say you have been an articulate contributor to this forum family. I hope you keep finding your way to the tranquility of your loving wife's memories.

Stewart

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Bill, I'm sorry for your loss. Your writings have helped me and so many others. Peace to you as you move forward. Pat

• Howaboutnow
    Howaboutnow Member Posts: 133
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

🙏 very thankful for both of you that your DW passing was peaceful.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

The blessing was that she passed from this world peacefully without struggle or strife with you by her side; a blessing for the both of you. She is now free of earthly burdens and you will move forward as best can as all evolves in the days to come.

May peace and solace find you soon.

J.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Bill, I’m so sorry for the loss of your lovely wife. I’m glad you can find comfort and remembering her. Sending hugs and prayers.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 469
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

So sorry for your loss . I like the idea of imagining your DW next to you as you go about the day. Sweet thought . Prayers and hugs for your stage 8 journey.

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Bill I am so sorry for your loss, Take comfort that you could be with her at the end and her friends could be with her. I think you have great plans to take care of yourself in the future I pray they work out for you. Do not let the regrets or mistakes of the past overtake the happiness and love that you and your wife shared, and the care you gave her as a caregiver. You have shared many thoughtful thoughts about your life as a caregiver and day to day struggles of life. Stage 8 is really like Ed said, it does get better, but the pain truly never goes away, it lives someplace inside of you and it comes out whenever it wants to. When that happens to me and those times come, I look up to Heaven, and just say to my wife thank you Linda for loving me and taking care of me. God's blessings to you Bill as you start a whole new journey in life without your wife.

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Bill, I'm sorry your loss. I've always enjoyed your thoughtful posts and insights and hope you continue to inspire all of us to keep going. This struggle is over for you now but possibly what remains is equally hard or more so.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more