Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 10/14/23

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hoping all my friends here are strong in the Holy Spirit.

Hugs to all, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

FORGET THE PAST & PRESS ON

Philippians 3:12-14 New Living Translation

“I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”

MEDITATION:

Today, Paul’s words are still good advice for us. Yes, when we believe in Jesus as our Savior and our God, His Spirit comes to live in us. If we often communicate with the Lord and study His Word faithfully, His Holy Spirit grows us, so we become more and more like Jesus. However, in this life, we are still imperfect humans. Yet, taking Paul’s advice, we can remain optimistic by not looking back at our failures and pressing on instead. With the Holy Spirit’s help and guidance, we look forward to helping others and spreading the good news about Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for our sins.

YOUR JOURNAL:

Write out and say a prayer asking the Lord to show you how to improve care and love for others. Ask Him for ideas, enabling your success. God communicates in many ways, so be alert. Journal the ideas as they come for future reference.

PRAYER:

Holy Spirit, I thank you for being with me. When my imperfection threatens to bring me down, help me not to look back but press on and look forward to serving others as You guide me each day. I pray this in Jesus’ Holy Name. Amen

Comments

• laasaro
    laasaro Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Thanks for this prayer. It's hard
  • VKB
    VKB Member Posts: 323
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Iaasaro, yes, life is sometimes impossible, but God lifts us up and makes our life possible. I prayed for you. Ronnie (Veronica)

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more