Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jo C. thinking of you today

I'm thinking of your today @Jo C.

I hope your hospitalization yields some answers and a plan forward for a better quality of life for you. I also hope David continues to improve.

Loop us in when you feel up to it.

HB

Comments

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ditto, Jo C. You always have a helping hand to offer to folks on this forum. You and your son deserve a favor in return. Thinking of you and praying for you.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I've also been thinking about you, Jo. I hope things work out well for you. You've been missed.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,761
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

me too....

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

🙏🏻💐💛

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 850
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Sending prayers

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Prayers and love ❤️ sent for you Jo. C.

Ron

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm praying for you and David. Get well soon!

Iris

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

🙏❤️🙏

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,312
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Jo, prayers that things have gone well today.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

We care about you and your family and we wish the very best for you and David. You're both on my prayer list.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Let us know when you can Jo. Hoping for reassuring news.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Prayers and special thoughts for you, David, and Bill. Joan

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Jo I would like to leave my wishes for a quick recovery.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Sending you best wishes Jo.

• M1

Jo i am so sorry to hear this. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is indeed one of these things that can come out of nowhere. Fingers crossed that the steroids help.

• Iris L.

Jo C, I am so glad you are out of the hospital and back home! We all missed you! You always take good care of yourself but now, be extra comforting to yourself.

My ex-husband had pulmonary fibrosis. I always attributed it to his long-term heavy smoking. I don't believe he ever had any treatment for it. He was also a diabetic, I don't know if that contributed to the fibrosis.

I'm still praying for you and David.

Iris

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,359
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I am so happy to hear that David is well enough to be home and has a treatment plan in place.

I am sorry to hear of your bolt-from-the-blue diagnosis. I hope the meds work well for you without too much in the way of side effects. 60mg of prednisone is a quite a dose; I'm surprised you're sleepy.

HB

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Jo- Step-Dad has had COPD for about 20 years along with some lung scarring. He’s still here at 83.

More to the point, Mom( 85) has idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis- they don’t think it’s due to her prior smoking. Diagnosed a couple years ago. They have run numerous blood tests. The one that hasn’t been done can’t be done at the clinic lab- can’t even be drawn there and sent out. So we’d have to take her to the speciality lab. We aren’t doing that because they don’t plan on doing any treatment even if that test came back positive. They think she’s got too mild of symptoms for treatment. She’s not on oxygen yet. They told me a few weeks ago that if her saturation goes below 88, we’d discuss oxygen. So you are in the mid 90s, that’s good. Sounds like you have inflammation and a flare-up. I bet you’ll feel a lot better once they get that knocked down

• Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Jo - did you have Covid 19?

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Welcome home Jo. I hope you are feeling better being home. I’m glad you’re handling the prednisone, especially at 60 mg. I wish I could give you encouraging advice like you always have for all of us, but I don’t know anything about your condition. I bet when you get to a lower dose of prednisone you will start feeling more like yourself. It made me feel shaky and glittery at that dose. Hang in there. Prayers coming for you and your family. I hope David is continuing to do better and Bill is getting around great by now. I’m still using a walker. My back just isn’t strong enough to hold me up. PT has been giving me multiple core exercises, so hopefully I’ll get stronger with those. Still no brace!!! That won’t happen here, I’m pretty sure.

Take care and rest as much as you can.

• Marta

So you and David are steroid buddies? What stories you’ll tell. Hope you will both feel more glittered (sounds glamorous). 🥰

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    edited November 2023

Hello again. Answer to the question: No; I have not had Covid. I have had the full complement of the Moderna vaccine up to this date which makes me wonder about possible mab effect. Have to wait on this years booster due to the prednisone effect.

I do wonder if there is anything in the literature re the COVID mab vaccine and lung involvement, but do not know. Something to remember to ask pulmonary on my appt in two weeks. I have looked back over years for myself . . . .

Never smoked, ever, not a single day; no chemical exposure; no meds - in fact, not a single prescription in my life as I have always been well - physical each year with consistent excellent labs.

Did have Epstein-Barr back in 2011, but that has been it.

Ideopathic . . . it feels like "idiot" pathic. Prednisone - hungry; not sleeping much so awake at night thinking of food and feeling a bit foggy.

Pulse ox staying at 96, 97 when at rest; if I have been ambulating much it drops to 86, 87 but within two minutes back up into the high 90's again. Really perplexing. And worrisome.

Not being familiar with this, I have no frame of reference to guide me in my thinking.

J.

• M1
    edited November 2023

A wonderful old school neurologist buddy of mine had the best definition of idiopathic: ideo=I Don't Know

pathic=A Darn Thing About It.

You're going to beat yourself up Jo, but no one knows what causes this. Possibly a genetic link? It's so awful to have things happen not in our control. A lot to grapple with and I'm sorry.

• Marta

There was a case report in the journal Chest in Feb of 22 about a guy who had an acute exacerbation of IPF one week after Moderna vaccine. There are also genetic studies linking those who have severe Covid with those who have IPF without Covid. Just too soon for much clarity, but I know you will ask your team.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,761
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

also a study re Pfizer is online.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for a good recovery. Hope you are getting some rest.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Jo, I am so sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers (David too). Hope Bill is doing well in his recovery from his spinal surgery.

• Iris L.

Jo C, upu are always ready to help us. I hope now you are hanging back and taking card of yourself! Let the prednisone do its job. Our area can get pretty dusty, so I know you'll stay masked up and avoid high air pollution days.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney