Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Jo C. thinking of you today

1235»

Comments

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

J oC nice to hear from you this morning. Thankful to hear that you now have got people to help you the best that they can. Sounds like there is now a system in place. Hope you are able to find some help for home. Know, this is a lot to deal with emotionally as well as physically.

Understand how you feel about those that took care of you. I told some of them at OSU I felt like I had made a lot of new friends. I had so many who were so very kind to me. Glad you did too.

Hope David through rehab can get so he can work again.

🙏💛🙏

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 798
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Jo, continuing prayers for you, David and your husband.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Jo i am so glad to hear from you and empathize completely with the impact of sudden, unprecedented, life-threatening illness. i am so sorry you are in this boat but glad that the care experience was as good as it should have been.

You are more than kind to ask about me in the midst of your own struggles. Yes, i remain on anticoagulants, did not tolerate Eliquis and feel much better since coming off of it three weeks ago. Having to give myself lovenox injections twice daily but the tradeoff is worth it, i feel much better. Important follow-up happening next week to reevaluate the lungs and heart and to figure out next steps.

At least I know why this happened to me, i took a bad fall. I know one of the hardest aspects for you is the fact that you don't know what caused this. We all so want to be in control, and it is humbling and frustrating when things happen that we can't control. Let yourself grieve.

Wishing you the best jo and so glad you have the oxygen to help, no matter how inconvenient. Tell David we are all pulling for him too.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,314
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Jo,

So good to read your post and that you are home. I can imagine how hard it is to navigate with the tubes. Sarah is going through that, too. Only up to go to the bathroom, like you, and back to bed.

Was there a possibility that all of this could have been caused by your covid vaccine or had you taken the last booster? I know they say it's okay to mix Pfizer and Moderna but worries me anyway. Worrywort, me, as usual.

I hope you'll be able to find someone to help you. Home Instead is a good agency here but even when I had it for my sister it wasn't inexpensive and that was years ago.

I'm saying nightly prayers for you and David. I know many of us are doing the same . Be very careful when you have to be up and around and rest a lot. Let us know how it goes.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am beyond thrilled to read what has been going on with you. But I'm so sorry your having to suffer through this. None of it makes any sense. No smoking, chemical exposure, etc. and knowing you, your trying to find a "why" when there this one. Or.....is it the Covid boosters? So much unknown.

Use your oxygen and rest - as boring as it sounds, that's what your body is demanding right now. (As a side note we've both had Covid, you don't want it. Don's lungs are having a very difficult time recovering.)

Let us know how your doing every several days - the porch isn't the same when one of us is missing.

eagle

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,762
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

So glad for an update.

Get green tubing and then go online for suggestions on how to manage that cord. Coiling seems to be very important. Your husband might enjoy rigging a system.

Another thought. Have your Dr send an OT to your home.

House help? Call Home Instead to use until you can find someone.

Grief? Understandable.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Jo, Thank you for updating us here on the front porch. I am so sorry for what has happened to you and how difficult life is. Life can truly change in an instant. I am keeping you in my prayers, as well as your beloved son David.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

(((((((Dear Jo.))))))))

Iam so sorry for what you have been going through. You and David are differently in my prayers.

Is David your son that lives in Bend? When you mentioned he was in a hospital close to Medford, it got me wondering.

If he lives in Bend, and there is anything I can help him with I would love to help him. Please ask him if there is anything I can do for him. Remember I live 20 miles from Bend.

I have been gone for a few weeks Iam now trying to get caught up on all the post I have missed.

Iam sending you some BIG HUGS and a lot of Love. Love Zetta

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Jo praying for you , your husband and son. Just as you are wishing you could be there for your son, I bet your daughter is wishing she could be there for you. You have a wonderful family! Do the resting and let the doctors do their job. Take care so many people are praying for you and your family. God is in control!

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest Lady Zetta, thank you for your kindness. My son lives in Medford. He is alone and it is difficult; he is very motivated and independent and tries to do all he can. Has nice three bedroom house with only him in it - he keeps it clean and orderly but it is HARD right now. Also trying to use good nutrition. Lonely. Son in military and can come to him once in awhile on weekends, but not in an easy fashion.

Seems awful not to be able to help. As it is, the rehab has still not come for him - I sent him info and offered to advocate for him and find out where the slow down is.

For me, OT has been ordered. I am SO compromised it is stunning to realize it is true. Dratted green cords; DH has not figured out an answer, so coil is a pickle. So weak; have to go only short distance to bathroom and then take time to recover breathing. So difficult to realize this will be part of me.

Grief for myself is alien to me; but it is there all the same. The high dose Prednisone also has an effect, far more than I thought it would. Will be on it for some months; oh dear.

So many here who have severe challenges and my heart goes out to one and all. Humans together on this wobbly planet trying to do their best with what life brings.

Truly do love you all and your kind spirits for reaching out in care,

J.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Jo C, I used Cambrian Homecare on PCH in LB a few years ago. I am available to run an errand in my car. PM me.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney