Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

My turn to announce, stage 8 has begun

2»

Comments

• Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Stewart, I'm so sorry and my deepest condolences. Stewart you worked tirelessly to make sure Judy was taken care of and my friend you done an excellent job. Now she's at peace with no more pain and now in a better place. One day Stewart you'll see your Judy again.

• storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Stewart, I wish you strength, comfort, and peace as you mourn and heal through the days ahead.

• Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 747
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions

I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way...

• mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Oh Stewart,

I'm so sorry. What a wonderful, loving, caregiver husband you are. In my prayers🙏

Michele

• RickM
    RickM Member Posts: 115
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Likes

Stewart,

So sorry for your loss. I think that I am not far behind you in the journey. Thanks for all of your posts.

I hope that you find some peace.

Rick

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,314
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. Even though it will eventually happen, we're never really prepared. Take time to heal as you begin this new chapter of your life.

• Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 468
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so sorry about your DW sudden passing. I do hope you find peace in this and know what a good caregiver, advocate and husband you have been through all this. Hugs and love and peace to you and your family .

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Stewart --

I'm so sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your wife. Please accept my condolences.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Steward so sorry for the loss of your Judy. You did everything humanly possible to care for her and you did a fantastic job of it. You know you will be with her someday. Prayers for strength and peace for you!

• gampiano
    gampiano Member Posts: 329
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Stewart,

I am so sorry . Stage 8 is a strange time, with many emotions swirling in and out. Take the time you need to rest when your instincts tell you to. You are a very intuitive person, a wonderful husband, and i have admired and been comforted by your strong faith. Peace be to you.

Maureen

• midge333
    midge333 Member Posts: 291
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

I am sorry for your loss.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I am so sorry! Please accept my condolences in the loss of your dear wife, Judy.

Iris

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Dear Stewart,

I have followed you for so long and admired all you have done for your DW Judy. The angels are greeting her in heaven and will help you through this sudden loss. Prayers for you my dear ALZ friend.

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Stewart; I send my heartfelt condolences on the death of your dear wife. It seems like yesterday you first came here; changes of all and sundry moved so fast. You have been going warp speed with your hair on fire for so long trying to get so much addressed and changed.

May your life take peace and solace at knowing she no longer suffers and may you find the future as it unfolds to be a very blessed one for yourself.

J.

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

TBE, I came online late tonight and the first entry to greet me was your post. Oh! How sad and relieved I feel for you?! No matter how much this finality is expected, the pain is never lessened. Please take good care and continue to live your life. May you be comforted in knowing that your wife is in a good place now, her suffering (and possibly yours) is over. May you have bright days ahead and be able to smile again when the grieving subsides.

• ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

What a week this has been. So many precious loved ones getting their release from the grips of dementia. I am sending you prayers for peace and comfort in knowing how hard you worked to get her the help needed at so many crossroads on this dementia journey. You are a caregiving hero for sure, and despite the sadness and grief at her passing, thank goodness she had you! Such a loving and strong spouse.

May you find healing and some relief that she is finally free from this dread disease, as are you. Your job as her beloved protector is well done. I am so sorry for your loss. May better days continue to unfold for you in due time.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Stewart, may you find some comfort that your DW is now at peace.

My your memories of the good times come more often than those not so good.

• Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Stewart, Deepest Sympathy! I too joined stage 8 on Nov 24th and it seemed to come so fast even though my DH had been in Memory Care for 15 months

• Vitruvius
    Vitruvius Member Posts: 322
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Stewart, I have followed you and your DW’s journey. I have read your many sacrifices in support of your DW and have admired your dedication. I read this site less often these days as it seems my DW and I are coming closer to the end as well and the many recent losses I read about here deeply saddens me. I hope you find happiness in the next stage of your life with fond memories.

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Stewart, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you were a devoted, caring partner and that Judy’s life was enriched by all the unconditional love you freely offered. She will also be just a thought away from you, and may you find all the happier memories to comfort you.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Wow they were so close together Judy was in memory care a little over 14 months

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Stewart, I'm so, so sorry. Even though we know this is the only outcome of the disease, it still must be so very hard. You did a fantastic job of being there for her through it all.

• ThisLife
    ThisLife Member Posts: 254
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Stewart, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear wife. Sending you thoughts for healing and peace.

• GG06
    GG06 Member Posts: 92
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

Oh my gosh, Stewart, what a shock. I am so sorry. You were a wonderful husband and caregiver to your wife. Wishing you peace in your next chapter.

• A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Stewart, I'm late on the scene here, but I add sympathy and best wishes from one Stage 8 member to another. My DH died June 4, so I'm coming up on the 6-month mark--but there are times when it still just doesn't seem real.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more