Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Searching for a at home caregiver (6 hrs a week) for Denver

sabrinab
sabrinab Member Posts: 1 Member
Hi-My mother has early ALZ and is presently being taking care of my by my competent brother and father, but they need support! I am a long-distance helper trying to find a great caregiver to come support 3-6 hrs a week but having trouble navigating the millions of options and would love a referral. Does anyone have someone to refer in Denver, Colorado? Thank you!

Comments

• Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Have you gone through agencies like Care.com and Home Instead?

• mommyandme (m&m)
    mommyandme (m&m) Member Posts: 1,468
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Welcome to the forum yet sorry for the reason.

We used Seniors Helping Seniors and Care.com here in CO and Comfort Keepers and Care.com in AZ. Nothing is perfect but help is appreciated of course. Sometimes you have to work with the agency to find the right caregiver but if you do, it works. We met with a few different agencies to get a feel for them. Your due diligence is important. You might want to travel there to do some interviews. Cameras were very helpful while we were long distance caregiving and even when we moved my mom here. My brother, in even another state, could also be involved with the interview process. Maybe hiring a house cleaner to help out too might alleviate some of their difficulties.

I hope you find a solution soon. Sorry your family has to endure this journey.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more