Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Friday 9:30A

2»

Comments

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Jazzma, I was worried about her all afternoon but even so I didn't realize how tired I was. I layed around all afternoon sleeping and watching TV and then I was in bed by 7 and slept 12 hours. Didn't have to constantly tend to her day and night. Most nights I didn't sleep much as whenever she would move in bed I had to make sure she wasn't wet or as she would say "something's icky", clean her in the middle of the night and try to get her back to bed, if possible, and also try many times unsuccessfully to get back to sleep myself knowing I have to do it all over again in a few hours.

Yes I'm worried about her right now but thankful for the peace and quiet and also knowing I have only myself to take care of.

Not sure if I have a bug coming on or just the Mexican food l had for lunch causing the sore throat but I don't have the compound stress of hoping and praying I'm not getting sick as the caregiving becomes a nightmare within the nightmare. I hope you you find rest. I will continue to be worried about her but in a different way now.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 527
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I'm so, so happy to hear that the "handoff" happened and you were able to come home and get some added rest. And bug or no bug, some TLC is definitely in order. Rest well.

• Jazzma
    Jazzma Member Posts: 105
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

I hope you're not getting sick, but now you have the freedom to take care of yourself. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am grateful to have been able to bring my husband home after the hospital, and I will be happy for however many days or months we have here. I hope the handoff goes as well as yours.

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,404
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited February 17

Gh-

Your body has been running on empty for a while now. Your brain has told it that it can relax and it is acknowledging that it’s hit the wall. It’s going to take a while to recuperate just as if you’d been in the hospital with a serious illness. Rest, read, binge watch tv. Don’t do too much too soon except what your wife and mother need. And then only if the facilities tell you it’s needed.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I'm glad the transfer went as well as it did. We all know how painful this was for you. I hope things continue to go well for both of you.

There is no doubt that taking care of yourself is now absolutely necessary since you think you might possibly be coming down with something. A little prayer for you won't hurt a thing, and there will be some coming your way. Keep us updated, please.

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

It must've been the spicy food and heartburn.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

So glad everything went so smoothly for you. To be able to sleep and sleep soundly sounds wonderful! Your body needed that so much. Do take care of yourself now!!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more