Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Music gives us our best moments lately

Jeanne C.
Jeanne C. Member Posts: 796
500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Every morning we listen to music, usually the Beatles or Elton John stations on Amazon Music. We sing along and sometimes "kitchen dance." Today, while singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody he came up with "gee algebra has a devil set aside for me." I'm so glad we can find ways to still giggle.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bebobra
    Bebobra Member Posts: 39
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Music is one of the best medicines of life! As long as she can hear some folk songs from Okinawa, my MIL is happy.

Thanks for sharing this🌺

• fmb
    fmb Member Posts: 350
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

Music gave DH and me a very special afternoon today. The resident across the hall from DH likes to play CDs on his boombox while sitting out on the covered patio in front of the ALF. DH and I sat out there today while M. played a soft jazz CD and then played Enya's Dark Sky Island. We sat there just holding hands, feeling mellow and enjoying each other's company. People ask me why I go to see DH nearly every day. It's moments like this that happen every once in a while when the stars are perfectly aligned. These are the memories I will treasure forever.

• GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 839
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Ha! That's great.

I'll just say that algebra has always had a devil set aside for me. For meeeeeeee! (in the highest register I can manage). 🙂

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more