Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

First MC Visit

2»

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi addy. He needs to be hospitalized on a geriatric psychiatric unit and medicated. You are right that it's not safe, for anyone, but you don't want him to be kicked out of MC either. Talk to the director and ask what unit they have worked with before. He won't be the first. But im sorry, it's not easy.

• easy23
    easy23 Member Posts: 200
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Does the MC have an in-house psychiatrist that can see your DH and adjust his medications? Is he on an antipsychotic?

• addy103
    addy103 Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary

No, he uses an outside Nuerologist who prescribes his meds. He needs them increased. He is only on week one and keeps calling. They told me not to answer for the weekend.

• addy103
    addy103 Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Well Husband is in new MC for two weeks. I am very happy with the place. First time I visited it threw him off. I visited yesterday and just went along with the program. I could see my husband made friends and was becoming part of the community. The staff says he will always say he wants to go home, but I know I made the right choice.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more