Day 1 at AL
We moved Mom in to AL today. It went a little better than I expected. She loves her room. But she is very angry that they took away her medication and have to administer it to her. She doesn’t understand why. She is also annoyed that people keep stopping by to take her vitals etc. She says “I didn’t think I was coming to a nursing home or a hospital!” So at the moment those are our big challenges.
I have been with her all afternoon. She doesn’t want me to leave. I don’t really want to leave her either.
Comments
-
I’m so glad it went well ish. My mom has accepted she can’t have her regular medication, but is always annoyed that she can’t have prescription creams. If they haven’t given you a schedule of activities, you might want to ask for one. Knowing when things are will allow you to encourage her to participate in things she may like. Meeting people and making friends was so good for mom.
2
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help