Song Lyrics
I stumbled upon this song just now as my body once again refuses to sleep. It expresses my heart. I am sure I am not alone when I say, "I Am Not Okay." I hate this disease! I hate what it is doing to my darling mommy, diminishing her bit by bit by bit. I hate also that it leaves me begging/praying/wishing for some family member to notice my struggles and ask me if I am okay, and offer me a shoulder to cry on, or some respite.
https://open.spotify.com/track/73h3HCEO0Pz0oHNvx0jf5z?si=7uF3u6vUSHWC43w2i3x7Mg&utm_source=copy-link
Comments
-
💜🙏
1 -
We are with you. We know the rage and the pain—and we can confidently say that you exemplify love. 💜
3 -
Someone sent me a similar song.
Sending love and prayers @JulietteBee and @ARIL 💜
2 -
-
Lyrics of I Am Not Okay by Jelly Roll
verse
I am not okayI′m barely getting byI'm losing track of daysAnd losing sleep at nightI am not okayI′m hanging on the railsSo if I say I'm fineJust know I learned to hide it wellchorus
I know I can't be the only oneWho′s holding on for dear lifeBut God knows, I knowWhen it′s all said and doneI'm not okayBut it′s all gonna be alrightIt's not okayBut we′re all gonna be alrightverse
I woke up todayI almost stayed in bedHad the devil on my backAnd voices in my headSome days, it ain't all badSome days, it all gets worseSome days, I swear I′m better offLayin' in that dirtchorus
I know I can't be the only oneWho′s holding on for dear lifeBut God knows, I knowWhen it′s all said and doneI'm not okayBut it′s all gonna be alrightIt's not okayBut we′re all gonna be alrighthook
Gonna be alrightGonna be alrightbridge
I know one dayWe'll see the other sideThe pain′ll wash awayIn a holy water tideAnd we all gonna be alrightchorus
I know I can't be the only oneWho's holding on for dear lifeBut God knows, I knowWhen it′s all said and doneI′m not okayBut it's all gonna be alrightIt′s not okayBut we're all gonna be alrightI′m not okayBut it's all gonna be alright2 -
Thank you for the lyrics, @Russinator!
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help