Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Saturday was a “normal” day so to speak

mspnd
mspnd Member Posts: 11
25 Care Reactions 5 Likes First Comment
Member

I don’t know what caused it but my DH seemed to be his old self. He spoke to me all day, without making accusations or getting angry. We carried on conversations as if nothing was wrong. It was a very rainy day here with tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings.

I decided to make zucchini nut bread. DH came into the kitchen and wanted to know what smelled so good. He licked to bowl after I put the bread into the oven. Wanted to know if I was making meatloaf for dinner, which I did make, along with corn and scalloped potatoes. DH helped with the cleanup afterwards.

I cut my leg on the edge of the dishwasher and it was bleeding like crazy. DH cleaned the wound and bandaged it for me.

At some point we had to hunker down because a tornado was near by. DH suggested we take water into the safe area just in case. The weather service lifted the tornado warning and we sat and watched the news like we used to do.

It was the first “normal” day in a very long time. DH thanked me for the day and the dinner and wished me a good night. I’ll take it because I don’t know how long this will last. 🙏🙏

Comments

  • jgreen
    jgreen Member Posts: 514
    500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Good for you @mspnd !! Thank you for sharing such a lovely experience. Cherish those moments.

    💝

  • blacksparky
    blacksparky Member Posts: 424
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    One good day makes up for lots of bad days. Cherish them and know that not only you had a great day but so did your LO.

  • Abby627
    Abby627 Member Posts: 60
    100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    Member

    What a gift! ❤️❤️❤️

  • dcare45
    dcare45 Member Posts: 230
    250 Likes 100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    So glad you had a beautiful day. I hope you remember it often.

  • wose
    wose Member Posts: 435
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member

    How wonderful! Those carefree moments when you two are the only ones in the world. Nothing else to think about except the joy you’re experiencing in the moment. Priceless. I hope it continues 💕💙

  • annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 817
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    Beautiful moments to cherish. Thank you for sharing. We can fully understand how precious a gift this was for you.

  • Chance Rider
    Chance Rider Member Posts: 390
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful day. Indeed memories to cherish. ❤️

  • JulietteBee
    JulietteBee Member Posts: 622
    250 Likes 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I am so happy for you, @mspnd. In the midst of dealing with this vile disease, you deserve to have days like these. I hope that one day, turns into many more.💐

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more