Local support group
Thank you
Comments
-
Hello. I was just diagnosed with early onset at the age of 54. I am also looking for a support group that specifically relates to early onset.
1 -
I have not contacted this group myself, but I have read about others who have had positive experiences.
1 -
Check with the AlZ Association. They sponsor support groups across the country (USA) and will know if there is group in your area. I started attending such a group early in my DH's diagnosis. It was a relief to be able to tell others about your fears and so on, knowing that they all have walked in your shoes. Plus, you will have people who can give you tips for care along the way. I hope that you find a group.
3 -
I signed up for the husbands of DW LOs (I think it's YOA, but my brain's RAM is off at the moment). The moderator/facilitator Joe is really cool. Looking forward to this group.
0 -
The Alz Assoc got us set up with a YOA caregiver & a LO/patient group via the SoCal localcall the main helpline number and ask for a YOA group close to you. Be sure you emphasize YOA because those groups are, so far, a rare breed—I've heard they're trying to add more YOA groups.
Also Lorenzo's house has a variety of groups (someone linked it in this thread).0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help

