Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Thanks for letting me join this group. I belonged to an on line group and found out my sister was a member and sharing what I wrote with siblings. I felt so violated. I liked the group, most members were helpful and caring.

I'm the sole caregiver for my DH. He is 88 I'm 70. It has been the hardest task I've ever encountered. He has 5 adult children, most live out of state. One lives close by and does give me a break when it's convenient. The others, well they don't even call and when they do visit, they give maybe 4 hours of their fun filled weekend to be with Dad. They say that they're glad and thankful I take care of Dad, my reply, I bet you are. I have accepted the fact, they don't know how to care. One did ask what she could do, I said call your Dad maybe weekly or so. Well not one call. So why even tell or ask.

DH is still able dress and feed himself and find the cookies. Everything else is up to me. Housework, yard work, appointments, car repairs, driving and so many other things I can't even think of right now. Just wanted to share and that I hate this disease.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney