Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Over it!

PKidd
PKidd Member Posts: 18
10 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I am in the worst mood today and I just can't shake it! I am so angry, and just sick and tired!

I don't want to do anything. I am so unmotivated. I just want to lay in bed. I don't want to talk or smile or even try. I am trying so hard to get past it! I am wasting my whole day 😢

Comments

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 803
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Some days are like that. I'm sorry.

If I remember correctly, your husband was recently diagnosed. It's a lot to handle. Your life has changed. It's scary. It's OK to be sad about that. I hope tomorrow is better for you. When my husband was first diagnosed, it was rough. I was trying to figure out his care and the legal stuff. I just took it one thing at a time and did the best I could. Not everyone may agree with me on this, but two years in and it's gotten a little easier.

That being said, you need to do what you can to take care of yourself. I've learned so much from the generous people on this forum. I've read up on dementia (FTD in our case). I've gotten benefits set up for my husband so he's well cared for. And I've gotten myself help - a great support group and therapist have made a huge difference in my life. But some days I still want to pull up the covers and take a pass. We all do. Hang in there and be gentle with yourself.

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

so sorry you are going through this. You are angry at the disease. That’s normal. I hate this heartbreaking and terrifying disease!! Is there someone you can call to stay a few hours so you can take a break?

• PKidd
    PKidd Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Thank you all for your support. My husband just wouldn't let me lay in bed which made me mad but I shook it off and got up, took a shower and got on with it! I am crying my eyes out right now as I'm writing this. Finally not angry, just sad again. What's worse? I don't know. What I do know is I am so very grateful for this forum and all of you. I feel a lot of things but, at least I don't feel misunderstood anymore 💜

• storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Anger, sadness, depression, numbness, etc., remember it's all part of grief. We are in grief and are mourning for good reason. It's good you're letting yourself have your feelings. It means they're flowing through you; they're moving. It's when we suppress or repress them that they can get stuck inside, get dammed up, and cause havoc.

Give yourself lots of caring talk, kudos, and tlc.

• tryingtodurvive
    tryingtodurvive Member Posts: 48
    100 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I have had so many of those days in the last 5 years. Some days I’ve been so angry, bitter, hopeless and sad that I thought I’d never make it. Joining a church saved my life. I found friends who loved my husband right where he was and included is on everything. I’m now facing a new chapter placing my husband in memory care this week. I pray it’s the right decision I’m only 62 and want to keep my career. I’ve managed to take care of him and keep all my clients to this point even taking him to employee meetings with me but I’m not able to take him with me anymore. I feel so guilty but I also don’t want to give up the rest of my life and he really doesn’t always know who I am. I hope you can find your peace in this dreadful journey. God has definitely pulled me through.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Those sad days come and I don't try to fight them anymore. I'm sorry it's so hard right now. Go ahead and cry it all out. Then try to get a little rest if you can. I wish I could be there to comfort you.

• fmb
    fmb Member Posts: 350
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments

Kathy, this would make a great stand-alone topic. I started to think about it, and the choices are overwhelming. I want to do everything and nothing.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more