Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH was admitted to the ER

13»

Comments

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

God, how awful!  

Lady Texan, I certainly agree with others that suicide can't be prevented at home.  My cousin put a plastic bag over his head, tied a string around his neck to seal it, and sat down to watch the world go away.  That was bad enough for his wife and daughter, who found him, but at least they weren't endangered.  Suicide is easy.  

M1, I lived with some of the things you describe, years ago.  In retrospect, it was not worth it.  I won't be doing it again.

God help you both.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,714
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks Stuck. Bad day here, I tell you guys because I'm not sure who else to tell. LT, hope you got a bit of rest. Hard when the stress levels are this high. Like living with fun house mirrors, you lose your sense of normalcy.
  • riajean
    riajean Member Posts: 98
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Dear Lady

Praying for strength for you at this time.  This disease can turn on a dime and though my husband has said he wants to die he never did anything other than say those words which was hard enough.  I’m so sorry this happened and pray for you to keep moving forward with whatever you need to do for you both.   

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Lady Texan in my thoughts and prayers today.

M1 if many of your days you are shaky may be time for you to put your oxygen mask on too.  My mom’s being  so aggressive and totally unable to reason with her caused me to have heart palpitations and my stomach felt like it was having spasms.  This got to where it was affecting me. Moving out has almost eliminated that. Was able to do this.  May be time to start thinking about other options for you guys if this is occurring frequently.  Always enjoy your comments on here

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more