Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Count down to placement

13»

Comments

• French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Bill,

I am very happy that everything went so well. I can imagine how you feel as I lives the same. 

I call my partner every other day and he always answers everything is very fine. He seems to be better than at home. For some of our LO socializing is very important and our company is not enough… even less if you consider that we are focused on their caring and no more able to have fun.

I know that it can sound selfish, but I wish you enjoy your loneliness and the peaceful time you recovered as I do. I think we deserve it and feeling guilty won’t help you nor your DW.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Bill, Sorry there were a few bumps on the first day but I’m happy she is adjusting well now. I have found that I am having a harder time adjusting than DW. When I see/talk to her she is generally happy and engage. The MC staff has been able to lower her dose of seroquil which has her much more alert. For myself I am still dealing with the loneliness of not having her with me. Even though there was not much left to our relationship, the lack of her physical presence is hard on me. My advice going forward is keep busy and focus of the care/engagement she is receiving at MC facility.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more