Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH is gone. I am numb.

Comments

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    I am so sorry for your loss. You did a great job; such a compassionate, loving caregiver.
  • Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes
    I am so sorry. You were an amazing, inspirational caregiver. May God grant you peace and comfort in the coming days.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    LT, I'm so very sorry. Butterfly Wings has said everything I feel for you. I'm not a crier, but I am now knowing how heartbroken you must be. Thank you for being such an extraordinary caregiver to your husband. May your faith be your sustenance now.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    You are in my heart, in my prayers. I am so sorry for you.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    I am so very sorry.  You are in my prayers.
  • Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276

I am so sorry for your loss and the enormous void you must feel.

I acknowledge my grief 

As witness to my love

As testament to my strength

And as a guide, leading me towards my highest being.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Dear Lady T,  I am so sorry.  You took wonderful care of Jesse right up to the end.  Your journey has been long and you have been an inspiration for many, including me.  My prayers are with you and my heart is hugging you.  Please take good care of yourself in the coming days and let us know how you are doing.  

Brenda 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Lady Texan,  I am so sorry for your loss.  Please take good care of yourself.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Lady Texan,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Jesse, losing a loved one is hard and losing a loved one that suffered from Alzheimer's or dementia is the hardest thing of all. We all know that the only cure for this terrible disease is death, and we know that it is coming but when it comes, it leaves a hole in our heart and a sadness in our mind. I pray that you know that he is now at peace with no more pain or suffering, I hope and pray that you can find some peace knowing that he is well at last. I hope that in the days ahead you can find comfort knowing that you did the very best that you could do, and you made his life as happy as possible, your story has helped guide others on this terrible journey that we all share. May your tears wash away the sadness that this terrible disease brought to both of you. May your heart be filled with memories and joys of better times and happier days.                                                                      God's blessings to you Richard
  • Tfreedz
    Tfreedz Member Posts: 138
    100 Comments First Anniversary

LT,

You are loved by so many here who have followed your struggles. You have also helped so many of us here who have been lost and needed help. 

I am thinking of you and praying for your feeling of emptiness to be filled with happy memories of the past. Sending huge hugs your way.

• riajean
    riajean Member Posts: 98
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Dear Lady Texan,

Wanted to send my profound sympathies in the lost of your dear husband, Jesse.  You've been through a lot, rose to the challenge of every issue this horrific disease threw your way with grace.  As others have said, Jesse is now free and is seeing you and all you did for him, loving you intensely for taking care of him.  May your friends, family and memories sustain you at this time.  You are in my prayers.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,766
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

No, there are no words. Many of us who deeply understand the  jumble of emotions are still here. We  understand your "now" and we understand a lot of your tomorrow....stage 8.

We are here with you and for you.........

• Norm 22
    Norm 22 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    My condolences, always difficult
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Lady; I send you warmest thoughts and heartfelt sympathy on the death of your beloved, Jesse. 

J.

• Josie in Podunk
    Josie in Podunk Member Posts: 87
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

LadyTexan…my heart goes out to you and shares tour pain.

The loss is shattering.  Even knowing that it is coming, and knowing that they are no longer at odds within their own minds does not lessen the hole they leave in their physical absence from us.

Having been widowed once almost 20 years ago my only words of advice are to take time to feel what you feel…cry, shout, pray, scream in the shower.  Remember the good times when you can.  Do not spend one moment of guilt at the relief you may feel amid your shadows.  And, it takes however long it takes to put the grief in a safe space in your heart.

Lastly, thank you for sharing your journey with Jesse with us.  You have helped more than you know even in my short tenure on this board.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I am so sorry!
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    LT, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, may you find some peace in the days ahead. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
  • mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

LT - I'm so sorry for your loss. Please stay with us-we all need each other.

Sincerely,

Michele

• Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

LT. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your DH"s fight is over, his pain is gone, his memory loss is gone and he has peace. Your such a strong lady, I admire your strength and courage. My prayers are with you.

• telinde
    telinde Member Posts: 195
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I am so sorry for your loss. You’ve been a devoted wife and caregiver. You and yours are in my prayers. Hugs to you.  
  • NylaBlue
    NylaBlue Member Posts: 65
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    My sincere condolences Lady Texan. You showed your love for Jesse every day in the way you cared for him and turned every challenge into a learning opportunity, not only for you but for all of us who have followed your journey. Thank you. May you find peace.
  • A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    LT, your dedication went above and beyond the call of duty, from start to finish. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Lady T, 

I really am sorry, you must know that you gave him so much love and care. He is free of this horrible disease. My wish for you is peace and healing.

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    So sorry, LT.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

In Memory Of Jesse.

Heaven

The place where God dwells & where Christ is present. 

It is the believer's home, where their names are registered

and their inheritance awaits.

• mrahope
    mrahope Member Posts: 529
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Not much that I can really add.  So, so sorry for your loss.
  • Nanpav
    Nanpav Member Posts: 6
    Fifth Anniversary First Comment
    I’m so sorry for your loss. As hard as caregiving can be, losing our loved one is even harder. I know this pain intimately. My thoughts are with you.
  • Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    I am very sorry, Lady Texan.  You were so good to him.  God bless you and DH, and all of your family.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you everyone. This is so hard. Your support and love and kindness mean more than you can imagine. I am grateful for you all.

I feel like a ragdoll tumbling in waves of emotions. The loss and sadness are unbearable. Sometimes the sadness ebbs into numbness. Sometimes I feel empty and very very lost. I have to remind myself to breathe. My heart is so broken. I try to find comfort in the fact that DH is no longer suffering. Then I get bashed against the rocks by another wave of anguish.

I am blessed that I am surrounded by my family and that I have my faith. I cannot imagine this misery without God's grace.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more