Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH is gone. I am numb.

13»

Comments

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Lady T, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Like others have said, you were an amazing, loving wife and caregiver. Jesse was truly blessed to have you by his side throughout this journey. I know God will give you the strength you need. Also rest in His grace and peace. Blessings to you and your family during this time.
  • DJnAZ
    DJnAZ Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I am very sorry for your loss. His suffering is over and I hope your healing begins.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Lady, I can feel the anguish in your words, but I believe with all my heart that God knows your pain, and He is with you. Remember that very old poem “The Footprints of God “?. He Will carry you through this! Virtual hugs to you! Wish I could do it in person!
  • Kaswife
    Kaswife Member Posts: 2
    Seventh Anniversary First Comment

Lady Texan..I just want to express my heartfelt sympathy. I know you were a devoted caregiver.

I honestly think unless you’ve been down this path it’s impossible to know the daily impact.  Love never dies.   

God bless you.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 523
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

I am so glad that you have your family and friends with you. Rely on them and let them help you on this very difficult journey. You have my deepest condolences.

eagle

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. You have been an inspiration to all of us on  your long journey. I pray that you have peace now.

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 748
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    LT, I am so sorry. You have been a tremendous force for good not only for him but for many here. Your example of caring has been an light to many of us.
  • McCott
    McCott Member Posts: 35
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments
    You have been a rock, and this was always the only outcome.  I remember you well long after I left the site to try to become a post-Alzheimer's person.  Nothing will ever be the same for you, but nothing after this will be quite as terrible (we hope).  Take care, Mary
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    My continued prayers to you for God's strength while you process all your thoughts and feelings in this awful time. I know you will focus on gratefulness for all the good things just as you were determined to focus on them through your and your DH's daily ordeals. You are and have been my inspiration of how to be a caregiver and I thank you for sharing your heart as well as amazing tips with us.  You were not only Jesse's caregiver during this but a loving and caring wife at the same time, which is not an easy thing to do sometimes. I hope both you and Hap are together this morning getting healing and courage from each other. May your faith sustain you.
  • Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 238
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Deepest sympathy to you LT. You were a wonderful caring wife and caretaker to your dear husband. May you get some much needed rest and I pray that you will be able to forge ahead and have some joy in life.
  • caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

I am so sorry.  Your husband was very lucky to have you by his side.  Thank you for helping me when you listed the positives.  

Please take care of yourself.  

• Inden Mom
    Inden Mom Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I am truly sorry LT. May he Rest in Peace.
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    LT - I am so sorry. You have been on my mind since I don’t visit the forum as regular as I did before my DH Passed.  You will get through this.  We all deal with the loss as best we can, there is no right or wrong way. Just know that you did everything in your power to make his life comfortable for him, you gave him love beyond measure. May you be surrounded by angels to give you comfort as you travel this new chapter in your life journey. (((HUGS)))
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    So sorry for your loss.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia