Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Increasing the view of the discussion (since the current fonts and images appear so small)

LadyTexan
LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Greetings all. Like many of you, I am having difficulty with the smaller avatars and fonts. My workaround is to increase the view of the discussion. This works when I am on my laptop. I have no idea what works on a mobile device.

Once I am at the page I am interested in, I press [control] and then [+]. I usually have to hit the [+] a couple of times.

It allows me to enlarge part of the screen, like this

I can make the view smaller again by pressing [ctrl] and then pressing [-]. Then my view is like this

It is not ideal, but it works for me, for now.

Be mindful that when you enlarge your view, you will not see everything you used to see on the original screen. As you can see in the example above,

• my 1st screen shot shows the discussion headings.
  • My 2nd screen shot shows the discussion (smaller), but includes more screen real estate, in this case the "cancel", "save draft" and "post discussion".
  • Additionally, I think your view will resume to that screen view during the following visits, until you adjust it otherwise.

In summary:

• the control key and the plus sign increase the screen view
  • the control key and the minus sign reduce the screen view.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more