Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

by M1--Pray for us, send good karma, vibrations--cross fingers and toes, all of it

13»

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

All change is chancey but you have done your homework. One final suggestion...carefully read the small print on the contract.

Suggestion for moving...one team takes her to lunch while the other team moves her stuff. You could start taking things out bit by bit early.

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

If I got put in memory care , I hope my kids would put me in the cat/ aviary/ art studio/ garden one. Sounds so nice! Can’t wait to hear how all that affects her. I’m sure it will be positive .

• Josie in Podunk
    Josie in Podunk Member Posts: 87
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Add me to those wishing you and your love all the best with the new digs.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

M1 I have been absent from here. I pray daily and I know how hard these discussions can be. I'll be praying for this time of transition.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Thanks Stewart. Got to go for lunch today with her old trim carpenter, who is like a son to her. She knew him--took a minute, but she did--and I made the first stab at telling her that I couldn't take her home, but I was going to try to get her to a place that was better than here. It fell kinda flat. Probably won't try again, I just was testing it out. He was able to distract her quickly, and I'm sure she won't even remember the conversation. But it's so needed---she will hardly come out of her room now at all. Can't come soon enough in fact. I hope I'm not too late.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more