Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Caregivers Support by Participating in a New Study

tebarr27
tebarr27 Member Posts: 3
First Comment
Hello!
I am new to all of this, only have had experience with dementia and Alzheimer's when both my Grandmother and my husband's Grandmother were diagnosed many years ago.
We just learned my Mom's results of recent neurology tests, and all of this is overwhelming.
I feel helpless, especially living 3+ hours from the rest of my family, but I'm getting calls several times every day about my Mom and what I think should be done.
Participating in a study may help and also give me better coping strategies.
Thank you.
T.B.
Tagged:

Comments

• towhee
    towhee Member Posts: 471
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Hello TB, welcome to the forum. Doing long distance caregiving is hard, I am glad you are reaching out. Please browse the forums they will be helpful to you. That said, I am a little confused by your post. Do you mean that you are already participating in a study or that you are looking for one to participate in, or that you would like a course on caregiving or dementia? If you can clarify we would be glad to give some advice. FYI, you are not getting a lot of views because your title makes it seem as if you are soliciting participants for a study, which is not allowed on this forum without prior permission from the moderator.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more