Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Nanny Cam vs. Security Cam

river0fstars
river0fstars Member Posts: 5
5 Care Reactions First Comment

Hi all, so the topic of installing cameras has come up many times as a means to keep an eye on my folks and the certified aides. Dad vocalized not wanting them on grounds of his privacy being invaded which I understand. However, it’s just getting more & more concerning with aides being lazy, falling asleep, and mom growing more & more challenging. Dad has his ailments and limitations, but no Alzheimer’s or dementia like mom does - we do worry about him falling as no matter how many times we tell him not to pick dropped items up he insists on doing for himself. As for mom, not that long ago she fell in middle of the night which was scary. I believe the aide was asleep & mom got up on her own, without Walker & took a tumble.

All this to say, I’m completely clueless on the best cameras to install that will allow for a watchful eye from a distance. Preferably cameras that the aides would not be able to identify.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Bebobra
    Bebobra Member Posts: 39
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions

@river0fstars we wanted to do the same for my MIL and she too stated no on the same grounds as your Father, privacy concerns and such. The last I heard with my BIL was to try and install a Ring type camera for the front and back door as MIL comes from a generation where letting total strangers in your house was acceptable. We were recommended the Wyze cams and like I stated we didn’t get even get them out of the box as MIL was not impressed.

I found this site https://nannycam.com/nanny-cams/ and they have tons of nanny cams that come in all shapes and sizes, so not even your Dad or aide would notice.

Hope you can find one that works for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more