Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (198)

Comments

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 189
    100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

cannabis use ..thoughts?

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Great morning, everyone! Yes, it is a great morning because I slept great! I slept from just before midnight until 8 am, without waking up! Hallelujah! I drank double strength chamomile tea, took valerian, inhaled the essential oils, and I prayed for sleep. I probably should have prayed earlier for sleep. Everything worked!

Mint, you are right. I think I had gotten anxious about not sleeping and about being so tired in the daytime. This has been going on for such a long time and I feel like I didn't get much done all summer, and summer is almost over. My problem is that I would lay there, staring at the ceiling, but not falling asleep. I do have a tactic similar to yours. I recite all of the states and their capitals. If I get to the end, I recite the Canadian provinces their capitals. Usually I don't get that far, but lately my recitations had no effect. But I will add your technique of reciting cities or place names alphabetically.

Lorita, what I did last night worked for me, but I may order the Relaxium to have it on hand.

JeriLynne, chicken taco soup sounds delicious. I have not been able to cook anything all summer. I only cook food in my microwave. Once my sleep is more regular, I expect to have more energy to be able to cook something in a pot.

Thanks again, everyone, for helping me with this so very distressing problem that two sleep doctors haven't helped me with.

Iris

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Relaxium…ingredients are interesting

• jfkoc
    edited August 29

here…off to bank

• ricardo

Not looking for sleep help just Alyzheimers help

• Iris L.

Richard, many PWDs sleep poorly. I believe poor sleep is a big part of the "behaviors" exhibited by PWDs.

Iris

• ricardo

CBD Thc works fine

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 345
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Iris, so happy to hear you got a good night's sleep! I know you much feel rejuvenated. Regarding the gummies, I too am not an mj user; tried when younger and all I got was paranoid and prayed for the effect to subside! Anyways, just as an FYI I tried LO's gummies when I first started him on them for sleep and it did not get me "high" (paranoid), I just feel asleep.

Lorita glad to hear you are a bit better today, take care of yourself.

Ricardo, we are here to try to help you and David in any way we can.

Hugs to everyone xo

• ricardo

thanks all. The CBD Thc gummies work very well for me. Been smoking since I was 17 and I’m 73 now. Some things just don’t quit

• ricardo

Just knowing you guys are there helps

• ricardo

Having a good day

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Ricardo— I have a friend, who happens to live in NJ, who has a medical marijuana card. She does gummies for chronic pain and insomnia. The dispensary has been great about suggesting different ratios of active ingredients and strengths and so far, it's working well.

Iris— I am pleased last night's combination did the trick. You must feel worlds better today. Mom's cat visited with me today. She was very chatty; she and mom often have "conversations" in which the cat seemingly complains and I think I was her substitute. At least she's not the sort of cat who punishes their person on returning from a trip.

Jerilynn— I hope you were able to get the pie baked off. The soup sounds terrific. I've made tortilla soup but never taco. I made chicken chipotle street tacos earlier this week. I liked them but DS said he likes Chipotle and Qdoba better. He's getting some of that in a quesadilla tonight— if I throw enough jalapeños on it, he'll be OK with it. DH and I are having BLTs because I'm phoning it in today.

The tiler left an hour ago. He's done and the plumbers are due back to hook up the shower and reset the toilet. They said they'll be done tomorrow which is great.

I ran out to the big box center and cruised Home Sense, Home Goods and TJ Maxx for a shower curtain rod, rings, curtain and liner and towels. The 2 big stores were a bust, but the small home dec department in TJ Maxx had exactly what I needed. The other stores had a bunch of holiday themed linens. I can imagine having the time or money to swap out my shower curtain for Halloween or Dia de Los Muertos.

The blue on the tiles is not a common one but I found 2 nice shower curtains— ivory linen and a heavy gauze with blue flower medallions that work. Towels, too. I'll run the extra tile back to the shop tomorrow. They really overestimated what would be needed. I think the estimator rounded up, then the tile person added a little "just in case" and then the tile store added yet another 20%.

Mom's phone has died. I know I packed a charger. Niece and I have been texting— they're having a blast.

HB

• Iris L.

CaroLynne, I'm glad you didn't get high. A friend told me she uses gummies for sleep and she doesn't get high. But I didn't want to take a chance. I never told this to anyone before, but my DH, who I thought was upstanding like me, turned out to be a pot-head. His explanation was that it was an "herb" and medicinal. Nevertheless, he became unreliable and couldn't keep a job along with having other unattractive behaviors that I knew were not normal. I am never going to allow myself to fall into that trap!

HB, I do feel world's better, in fact, I feel normal today. I feel like a whole person. I feel like my brain is awake and thinking. I feel MOTIVATED! I feel like I can do things again. I feel like I can function again.

I spent a lot of time researching circadian rhythm disorders, and I realize I have been doing a lot of things wrong that inadvertently contributed to this devastating problem. I have work to do to correct and undo a lot of things.

I'm glad the cat is coming out and socializing. When I have gone away for a few days, I have left my cats alone with their food, water and litter. Of course, they don't know that I will be gone for only a couple or three days. When I return, their food is barely touched, I know they don't understand and probably feel abandoned.

As far as punishing a cat guardian for going on a trip, I asked a vet about this. My cat Simon, who I post about, disappeared for four days after I returned from an overseas trip and he and the other cats were sent to stay at a pet hotel. I searched all over for him, and my friends and neighbors told me that he was mad because I had put him in the pet hotel. But the vet said that cats don't have that type of mentality. And I believe him. I believe Simon was picked up by someone, because he is a beautiful and friendly cat who wouldn't run away from people. After four days, he was able to escape, and he found his way home. He was not dirty as if he had been living on the street. Simon was such an adventurer, that was his big adventure. He is still holding his own, even though he can't see and he walks with a limp and has become frail.

It's great that you found what you are looking for at TJ MAXX. You can find something different that you won't find all over in the big box stores, so your own joke will be more distinctive.

What you posted about your mom on Elainechem's thread sounds like me in the earlier days. Was your mom tested for vitamin B12 deficiency?

Iris

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you, isn't it, Iris.Hope tonight is another one.

My day was pretty ood, too. Some pain this morning but okay the rest of the day. Took a two hour nap and stayed inside the rest of the day.

Sleep well, everyone.

• ricardo

Good day !!!

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Morning

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 793
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Morning.

HB, TJ Maxx is the bomb. My favorite candles come from there. Smoke and Aud. I buy oversized shirts there to wear with leggings. And the funky slip on tennis shoes that are too pricey at other stores. Can't wait to see your finished renovation. It will be stunning.

Iris, so glad you were able to sleep. You must feel like a new woman.

Lorita, sounds like you may be getting on the mend. I hope so. Is Stormy's ear infection better? I've got to haul my dogs up to the house for a bath. It's time for their annual rabies vax and I cannot take them looking like they do. But DH has not felt like helping with that and I cannot manage 100 lb. dogs by myself anymore. Maybe in a few days he will feel better.

DH mentioned a few weeks ago he thought he needed to start taking some sort of TV ad supplement for memory. I blew it off. His doctor's office called yesterday to say that his B12 and Vitamin D were very low and concerning. I have to get supplements. I had an internal moment of panic and dread. Of course, the first thing I thought was dementia. I just cannot go down that rabbit hole.

Today is cook and take food to Scottsboro. Anything that needs to be baked will go on the grill. And, I'm picking up the 5 yr old great granddaughter from a 1/2 day of school. I got her a kid safe cooking set with knives that cut. She loves to be in the kitchen with me.

So, the search for a new range/oven starts tomorrow. I'm salivating over Judith's stove (but a red one) and I found some on EBay for a tad less than retail but DH says no. I don't even know why he gets a vote, it's my money. I'm going to Walmart to get a toaster oven for the meantime. I hate to take up more counter space with that. But it will be temporary.

Hot still with unbearable humidity and no rain. My yard and garden look absolutely awful. I have a sprinkler system installed but DH won't use it.

The cousin's husband is coming today to hang the last of the shutters on my house. He and DH finished the Huntland project yesterday on his (DH's) house. The grandson living in that house is now 2 month's rent and $500 worth of propane paying DH. Deliver me. Really struggling to hold my peace. It's not my money, it's not my house, but it bothers me that they don't do anything for upkeep, take whatever they please and leave DH to deal with their irresponsible actions. I'm keeping quiet but I'm stewing and about to boil over.

Sorry, rant over. GRRR… Something pleasant… I still have tomatoes in my garden! They're small but so tasty. Like a real tomato. Just salt and mayo on white bread and that is absolute culinary heaven here in Alabama. I think I'll go fry up some bacon to go with. Breakfast!

Have a good day and thanks for listening. ❣️

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning Ron and everyone

HB it will be nice to have a brand new bathroom.

Glad to hear you had a good day Richard.

Iris your MJ story reminds me of a patient I had once. The patient got to telling me how MJ should be made legal, and that it really helps your appetite, on and on they went. The individual was so malnourished looking and so unhealthy. He didn’t make a very good billboard for his case. I just listened respectfully.

That is sad about your DH Iris. I recently became aware of something similar regarding someone and it’s sad, disappointing. Sure you know that feeling.

glad you had a pretty good day yesterday, Lorita . Hope the day improves a little bit more.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Good morning—

I don't have much time, I need to throw some clothes on before the plumber arrives. Hopefully they wrap up today.

Iris— mom's cat is part Maine Coon and isn't very cat-like IMO. She was my niece's friend and some-time roommate's cat for 9 years and seems to channel her original mom's personality— empathetic, standoffish and needy all at once.

Mom was tested for B12 when they did the test for Thyroid and Lyme. She's been tested since at the hospital during a UTI episode as well.

Do you shut down your electronics at least an hour before bedtime? Screens emit blue light which can interfere with sleep in many people.

HB

• ricardo

I shut down my phone and charge at night. No lights come on and it doesn’t bother sleeping

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Morning,, muggy this morning but rain predicted later

• Iris L.

HB, no, I can't say that I shut down my electronics 1 hour before bedtime. This was one of the strategies suggested in my research about insomnia. As a matter of fact, I do most of my scrolling in the evening, after dinner. I don't watch TV, so scrolling on the internet is my evening activity. I also read this message board just before bedtime. If there is a new member or if I want to make a response, it's usually done late. This has to stop.

Last night wasn't as good, I got only four hours. I fell asleep okay, but I woke up too soon.

My only girl cat is a Maine Coon cat and she has polydactyly, with seven toes on her front paws. That's why I named her Seven. She was my smartest cat, because she could jump up and bat balls and she could fetch like a dog. But now she doesn't do anything.

I'm glad your mom's B12 was good.

Mint, I am always puzzled that people allow themselves to be under the influence of drugs and alcohol and allow their lives to be ruined. There are enough difficulties in life, so why deliberately bring in more?

JeriLynne, please read about pernicious anemia. If your DH has this, he will need to receive Vitamin B12 injections instead of pills. Although some patients might be able to absorb enough sub-lingually. I had a patient with B12 deficiency in medical school who presented as having dementia. After a large B12 injection, her mentation cleared up considerably.

Lorita, how are you feeling today?

Iris

• ricardo

I slept good Up around 8 but cool out in Jersey 66

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

JeriLynn you and DH are definitely in a rough patch.

• jfkoc

Jeri…AJ Madison has a red Z Line.

• ricardo

Red Z Line?

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 665
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

What is Red z line?