Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (198)

Comments

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 189
    100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Anyone around?

• ricardo

anyone know the answer?

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited August 30

Must be a stove, David.

Not too good today, Iris. Had a dream and when I woke up I began to cry. It was a good dream about Charles. Felt pretty good but got the trash together and overdid. I think my blood sugar dropped, too. I've been dieting pretty strictly the last three months, then this hit me and guess I wasn't as strong as I tbought. Ate some, laid down and feel better. No temp, no blood and hardly any pain. Just did too much. Had to divide trash and the trash bag had gotten down to the bottom of the can. Thanks for asking.

Cows began to bawl so looked out and saw the feed truck. Went out on the porch and it is hot! Truck didn't go as usual so called Toad and he said Mike has hired a couple of new guys and they were putting out mineral tubs. I like to keep track of who is around and what is being done.

Iris, sorry about what happened. You never know a person until you live with them.

• ricardo

That’s being smart

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

sorry…it is a range

• ricardo

Where are you? I’m on the coast in Jersey

• ricardo

Passing through with a gummy

• jfkoc

Oklahoma

• ricardo

Drove through Oklahoma City- lunch

• ricardo

big state a lot of sand

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lorita you have to know what's going on around you. I think its good that you checked who it was. I'm sure your weak still & will be for awhile. Hang in there, a little better each day. Bonus - college football to watch tomorrow.

Iris I was thrilled to read your sleep has improved. I'm sure you'll have ups and down's with the amount you sleep.

We are both enjoying not having scheduled things to do. Yesterday we went to the museum to see a large piece of work by Jean Shin. It was very interesting and fun to look at. To describe it it sounds bland, but in life it jumps off the walls, and ceiling, at you. She's taken various pieces of clothing workers from the museum donated and made huge murals with them. She has cut them down to one dimension and they are installed perfectly flat on the board. Then the boards are hung vertically. It takes up an entire very long walkway. It's much more interesting in person than it sounds. It was fun and different.

Be safe everyone, I know of several people whom have Covid, again. Ugh.

• ricardo

Not much happening on my porch. It’s turned out to be a good day

• Lorita
    edited August 30

Sandy, that chocolate Boost is good-just about like a melted malt or maybe I just like chocolate! Hope you're okay today.

• ricardo

Sounds good to me

• jfkoc

Looked up Jean Shin….interesting work.

• Lorita

But, it does leave a slight aftertaste. Best I can tell it is low fiber.

Took a two hour nap. No rain here except a shower this morning. Still hot.

There is pain over my left hip. Looked it up and they are not sure why, maybe the nerve connection.

S rambled eggs and toast for supper.

Eagle, I try to keep tabs on what or who comes and goes here. So glad I have all of you for support when I'm not up to par. Do not like feeling bad.

• ricardo

Hope you feel better soon

• Lorita

Thank you, Ricardo. I checked and I was feeling about the same on the 7th day of this stuff in May when I had it last. I feel some better. Just had toast and scrambled eggs but did use hot sauce, which I do like on eggs.

Ricardo, didn't you think Oklahoma is pretty, especially from OKC east? Not much red dirt over here and we have pine forests south of me and lots of pretty lakes.

• ricardo

Eastern Oklahoma was fine and green

• ricardo

Western sand

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Lorita, I'm glad you had a good dream about Charles. I realize when I was sleeping poorly, I wasn't dreaming. I had a dream two nights ago, when I slept for 7 hours.

Are you trying to lose weight? So am I.

I just returned from seeing the movie Reagan, it was a really good movie! It brought back some memories, although, to tell the truth, a lot of what was going on at those times went by me because I was so entrenched in my own life. But I do remember him telling Gorbachev, "tear down that wall!" That was moving! I can heartily recommend this movie.

On the other hand, I now know why so many young people are so uptight and stressed. Their movie entertainment is overwhelmingly loud and hostility-provoking and agitating. It was horrible for me, watching a few movie promos. Ugh! I like thoughtful movies and inspirational movies. I discovered that the theater has been showing classic movies for $5 once a month that I never knew about. This is a nice outing.

Iris

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 793
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good Morning. The day got away from me yesterday.

Quiche and Apple Pie Crumble (slightly wopsided) hot off the grill 🥳 yesterday. My DH always comes thru with a solution 😜. Got food delivered to Scottsboro. Got the Great Grand and she spent the day with us. Sent her home with new clothes, pink candy coated pretzels and popsicles. We shopped till she dropped. I had to carry her into the house when we got home and she slept until her Honey got here. It was a good day, even though busy.

We finally got some rain last evening. Don't know how much, but any bit helps. DH cut the grass yesterday so it should be really pretty at sunrise.

Judith, I'm looking at the Z Line and I like the look.

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
  • Lorita

Morning, Me either, Ron.

JeriLynn,your quiche and apple pie really look good. Glad you had a nice time with your granddaughter.

Ricardo, the part of Oklahoma where I live is called Green Country, for good reason except during a drought.

Not a really good night. Had to let Stormy out and in twice. Bit worried about him, just acting off a little bit. My side hurt during the night and now. Need to take pain pill - no temp or blood so guess it's okay.

Iris, the last movie we went to was "Signs" in 2002. I never see one advertised that I would want to watch. Glad you enjoyed the outing and movie.

No rain here, still very warm and humid. Some places have had 3". Guess out turn will come eventually.

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 665
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited August 31

Good morning all, i hope everyone has a good Holiday weekend. We are staying home for the Holiday. We went away last weekend.

• ricardo

Good day I hope

• Lorita

Iris, how much is a movie ticket now?

• ricardo

$14-18 NJ

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

Good afternoon.

Jerilynn— The pie and quiche look tasty. I've roasted meat using my Weber, but I've not tried baking pies or cakes. I suppose I could use my dutchie, but that's a hassle to clean and limiting in terms of size. It makes amazing cobbler though.

Those ranges are pretty. Are they self-cleaning? I have a friend who grew up in an Italian-American multigenerational restaurant family. At her house, Nonna, Mom and she each had their own kitchen. My friends was in the basement with commercial fixtures from when her uncle updated those in his restaurant. She claims there's a steep learning curve to cooking on a commercial stove. She claims you have to be careful what pans you use on them. When she moved into her current house, she replaced the smaller commercial stove that came with it with a GE Cafe model as she prefers home appliances for cooking. She even opted out of dual fuel and went conduction for the range. She did buy herself a small commercial oven, though, for her so-called Cookie Cave.

Lorita— Signs was filmed in my neck of the woods. Many of the town scenes were filmed in my town. I recall grown women lurking around town hoping to bump into Mel Gibson. DS and I saw him filming the pizzeria scene from his doctor's office waiting room across the street. The corn field scenes were filmed on the campus of the college my niece was attending.

DH and I go to the movies sometimes. We tend to frequent one of the local non-profit theaters that show quirkier movies and some old classics.

Yesterday was a hot mess. I still don't feel like talking about it.

Mom and niece are headed home today. They stayed an extra day but didn't tell my aunt. My aunt called me because she hadn't heard that they'd arrived home safely. Ugh. My mom is so lousy at sneaking around.

HB

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney