Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I am a caregiver for my mother and brother I also have Alzheimer's

Diana Koritz
Diana Koritz Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I took care of my Mother, Brother and myself . At time I was in a stage 2 of Alzheimer's My mother recently died , and I have my brother still to care for though it is getting harder and harder. As I am in stage 3 .I would like to see if I am eligible for trial but I have not heard any thing yet .Or perhaps I got lost in the process . Any trial let us know . We all have vascular dementia/ alz

Comments

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 519
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

First off welcome to the message board. I'm am so sorry that your plate is so full.

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your mother, that is never easy. And caring for your brother and yourself while grieving is certainly challenging.

If I might ask, are you and your brother living together? Do you both see the same neurologist? Or maybe I'm ahead of myself, are you seeing a neurologist? If not that needs to happen immediately, for the both of you. You ask about trials, your neurologist would be the one who would know which trials you might apply for. And just because you apply, it doesn't mean your chosen.

Are you located near a large teaching hospital? That would also be a good source to contact for trials.

If you would give us a tiny bit more info, if your comfortable, about your situation we might be able to help you or point you in another direction. We are here to help one another.

eagle

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney