Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (194)

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,758
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    edited April 1

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I did not get up and then went out.

Try all of the seat adjustments.

Added; Thanks for a call check!!!!!

https://www.parkinson.org/understanding-parkinsons/non-movement-symptoms

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Happy Easter, everyone!

Happy Anniversary, Ron and Lou!

I finally am getting a good night's sleep. Thanks to a post from M1, I was able to resume using my CPAP machine and I was able to sleep all night without having to get up, and thus feeling rested, and not having to sleep during the day. What a relief!

Easter morning was rainy, so sunrise services were drenched. But I listened to a couple of Easter services on the radio.

Joan, it's so nice that your kids are helping you out. Enjoy your new home!

Iris

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 667
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Easter to everyone

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello Rockers.

I finally got caught up on 88 unread messages. I hope I can remember what I read.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

Happy Anniversary to Ron and Lou. Ron Iam sorry you are having so much pain and issues with your procedure. Iam not as brave as you I need the same thing done but there is no way I want to go through with all your dealing with. I don't have many teeth left but I can eat pretty much what I want too. That was a good picture of you, you're a good-looking man, even with the bruising.

Amy, Welcome to the front porch, as you see we are a busy group of people, I live in Oregon, my DH passed away 8 years ago. He spent the last 2 years of his life in a MCF. He got the best care possible. I took care of him for a few years, but it got to the point I was not able to continue with the care he needed.

Iris, Iam glad you finally got some good sleep. I did not sleep too well last night. I had a lot of cooked liver and I think that's what keep me up most of the night dealing with bathroom issues. Fast food might have been a better idea, your right it is very tasty.

Lorita. Sorry about Sarah and the worry you go through. She is in the right place now hopefully she will consider hospice. She will be given a lot of good care. Iam surprised she has not been placed in a care facility. I know she would not like that but maybe there she could get feeling better, with the constant care she would be given. Then be able to go home.

I just got home yesterday from a pet sitting job. I spent 3 days/nights there. This was at my best friend's house who passed away 2 years ago. I have been the only pet sitter they have had so when her husband needs to go somewhere I pet sit. I always take Molly with me (Amy molly is my dog) she used to like these 2 dogs but as she ages, she not too sure she likes them anymore. This time I was really glad to come home.

Take care all I really like reading all your post I wish I was able to keep up with all of you. Love and Hugs to all. Zetta

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi Zetta, bet you are glad to be homr. I am even when gone a couple of hours. I hope Sarah gets dome relief from her pain and will get on hospice. I know that would help both she and Todd. We'll see. went out a while ago to fill the water rank in the garden. It was completely empty. Got the hose hooked up and water flowing and three little calves came over to drink. I have to do better. Can't hook up a float valve because Stormy chews on the metal hose when he gets a chance.

Thanks Judith. You can erase if you like. Enjoyed our visit. Here's the number for Medical Guardian, -800-313-1191. You really need to have one and I need to wear mine. Will try the pillow tomorrow.

Sleep well everyone.

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 797
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Oh my goodness, I slept till 4 am!!!!

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,674
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Joan hope your move goes smoothly after the hiccup, always something.

Zetta did you feel like you were reading a novel?

Jerilynn hope that is a sign that your life is calming down a little.

guess I will go to the grocery store today. I didn’t plan to go until tomorrow but I see this morning and early early afternoon they’re not giving rain and then after that we’re going to start having quite a bit of rain for at least a day or two it seems. so I don’t like shopping in the rain, so guess I’ll go this morning.

Don’t know if you guys know, but a week from today there is a total I think it’s called solar eclipse. Anyways, our county is supposedly one of the counties where it will be seen the best supposedly. So anyway for several months now they’ve been basically warning us that we’re going to be invaded by like 200,000 people. I hope this is all hype so much news media is. As you know, I don’t even watch the news but I’m well aware of this because it’s more local thing

. So they’re telling us to get stocked on groceries to get stocked up on gas because we’re liable to run out of these things.
    If it’s cloudy that day, they will not even be able to see it. These people are supposedly invading us on Saturday and won’t leave till Monday the eclipse is at like I think it’s 312 to 31 on monday. It’s a very short period of time that it lasts.
    A lot of businesses all the schools are closing that day.
    anyways, hopefully I can just take the back roads to mom’s and I’m going to buy a week and a half to two weeks worth of groceries today so that I can stay in place except for checking on mom and if something urgent comes up. I will try and fill my car up with gas on Thursday. I usually do it today or tomorrow but I’m gonna wait.
    every spring we have a huge I’ll call it tattoo party in town that brings in like 75,000 people. And I just stay away from that part of town and I never even know what’s happening so hopefully that will be the case here too but that’s a lot of people if it really is accurate.

• Lorita

Morning, windy and humid. Storms with large hail and possibly tornados forecast for later this afternoon. Will try to cover the windshields with the frost guards - might help some. Mint,SE Okla. Is experiencing the same thing about the eclipse- many people cominb to see it. Not too c!owe to us. I think the eclipse will be about 90% here for a short time. I'll watch it on TV. I szw one many years ago. Just a note to let you know I'm here. Slept in nine hours and it felt good. Girls want to go to NE pasture and I have the gate closed.Going to get them going through the lot to that pasture so I can catch them in the lot so Mike can move the big calves. Back later.

• David1946

Spending the day at the local dealership having my oil changed,tires rotated,inspection sticker,change the air filter. Will be here about 2-3 hours getting caught up on my reading.

• jfkoc

here

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Good morning Front Porch Rockers! I got to sleep late (1 am) but I slept all night until 8 am, and I awoke rested, still using my CPAP machine. Also, I noticed that I am not craving fast food or sweets like before! This is another miracle for me! A new month, a new me!

Zetta, your people are so fortunate to have you as a reliable pet sitter. I had to stop using people because they were very unreliable and incompetent. I now board my four cats at a pet hotel. It's very expensive, but they take good care of my cats.

Mint and Lorita, my newspaper had an article about traveling to see the eclipse. We have to hurry, accommodations are scarce, and very expensive. I'm leaving today to drive to Oklahoma so I can get a good view.

April Fool! Here in SoCal, we will see a partial eclipse, about 49%. The library will be passing out eclipse glasses and giving a presentation about the eclipse. And I saw some glasses at the supermarket. I'm getting excited! But I will stay right here.

When I try to catch up on the posts, it's not like reading a novel, it's more like reading a newspaper with multiple stories.

Iris

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Back from the Dentist and everything is looking good. I did find out a few important items I wasn't told before. Do not blow my nose, make sure I use the nasal spray that it will help with healing and more important I can start eating now anything I can mash up with a fork. I didn't have major problems from the surgery last night. Lou did wake me several times but one thing I've discovered is if I don't feel well she is more adjutated.

Scrambled some eggs right after getting back from the dentist and they sure were good. Will go to the store tommorow and pick up some ground beef and look around for other things I can eat. Was told anything soft and anything I can mash with a fork but nothing hot or spicy.

Ron

• Lorita

Hi again, Ron, glad you're progressing. Good you can eat somewhat solid foods now. Bet those eggs did taste good. Now's the time for mashed potatoes and gravy or just butter and sour cream.

Severe weather building west and south of us. The tor con for here is 4-5. Ron, you may get some of this coming out of Texas. Big threat for large hail. I think they're saying up to tennis ball size. I've covered the windshield with the frost guard with a rug underneath. It feels like something is afoot. You can see the humidity and feel it for sure.

Girls are way down in the north pastures. Went down to open gate and GL was close and didn't make an effort to come up. Do not like Oklahoma's storms in the spring. Will be glad when storms pass. Sarah called. They're trying to decide whether to put in a new kind of feeding tube or TPN. Surgeon wss going to see her later today or tomorrow.

Judith, are you getting storms yet?

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hello All Rockers.

Iris, You got me with your Aprils fool joke, I was just about to tell you to be careful and have a safe drive. And hope you were not going alone, I was shocked that you were going to do that. hahahaha I glad you found a nice pet hotel, and this way your kitties can be together, and Iam sure they are comfortable being there.

Mint. Yes, it was like reading a novel. I try to stay caught up, sometimes it's not easy. I will be going to Arizona in 2 weeks for a 2 week stay, my computer will not go with me so it may take me a week to catch up. The news was saying this morning about the eclipse and how busy your areas will be. I don't blame you for staying in, I would do the same thing.

Ron, Are you able to chew with your new teeth or are they just too sensitive? Take care of yourself.

Lorita. The news was also talking about the weather you will be having. You also need to stay inside and be safe. It's a nice day here but they are predicting more snow in a few days.

I went and had my studded tires taken off this morning. I always have an appointment and I was so glad I had one today. All studs were supposed to be off yesterday. This morning there was line of walk-ins, with my appointment I got right in and 30 minutes later I was out.

Lorita, I am now home watching Gunsmoke and Wagon Train. And having some ice coffee.

Take Care all, Hugs Zetta

• Lorita

Zetta, Wagon Train just went off here. I'm getting ready for a lo v evening of watching weather. We had a little bit of snow in Oklahoma a few days ago. Mint,looks like your time for storms is tomorrow with a Tor con of 7 in Columbus. All of this us forming West of us and moving east with possible tornados and hail.

• ronald71111

Zetta and Lorita, you two and your Westerns are so much like what my tv likes. For some reason it Westerns come on as soon as I turn the TV on, it doesn't matter what time, a western will be on some channel.

I'm sure you've heard when it rains it pours! Well…...I took some garbage out to the can under the carport and on my way back in somehow my little toe got broke. Don't know if it happened on the top step or side of door. The toe was sticking way out to the side like it was pointing to who done it. I pulled it back in place and now walking around with a sore little toe.

Zetta, I will not have any teeth until the whole process is complete and because of the need for a bone graph, it could take up to a year. I was told not to wear my dentures until it's over and I get the new ones that snap in.

Lorita, we are suppose to get some rain early morning, but nothing bad. My youngest son in MO. said hi and grandson was suppose to go fishing today buy expecting storms. He said he took a vacation day today because grandson was still on holiday break and they had planned the fishing trip.

Ron

• Lorita

My goodness, Ron. Over that did smart! We'll have to do what mother said she needed to do for Charles and I put us on a pillow and cover us with a mosquito net!

• David1946

Hi everyone, If you've read my stories you know that I have been' seeing ghost', now I am having dreams about driving. I was driving while I was sleeping '"I was driving to go to the mall and the traffic goi real heavy so I decided to turn around and go back home so I turned around I was in the middle of some woods and I did not where I was and I started to panic. Now I understand why the doctor does not want me to drive. I could get into a real bad accident and maybe kill someone.

• Mint

yes Lorita they are giving storms. Im going to go get mom in the morning and bring her to my house. I will be much more comfortable that way. The same God is still in control as May 5&6 regardless of what happens. I cant protect mom but if she is here Ive done what I can. I pray for everyone , everywhere.

David it is so good that you realize why you can’t drive. Know the dream must be frightening til you realize it is a dream.

Ron glad a little progress has been made with eating.

take care everyone

• David1946

Yes it was very frightening until I woke up. It seem I have a different dream every night some funny but most are frightening.

• ronald71111

Just checking in!

Ron

• Lorita

Morning, cold, windy and cloudy this Tuesday motning. Just came in from feeding and getting GL locked up and opening the main gate. Drove the Gator and it was a cool ride.

Probably a third to half if the girls are way down in the pasture. This is feed day so they probably won't get any. By the time they go that half mile it will be gone. I doubt they'll feed too much longer. Charles and I fed every other day and by April 1 we fed e very third dsy, then stopped by mid April.

We didn't have bad storms. Most were North of Tulsa with tornados and high winds. We had some rain and winds for a little while but that's all, thank goodness. There were some storms south of us.

David, sorry about the bad dreams. Charles had vascular dementia but never mentioned bad dreams. He had PTSD and had a few flashbacks and maybe some dreams but never talked about dreams. Dreams are so real so I know they are frightening for you.

Judith, have you thought about a stair lift??

• jfkoc

here…

yes,but I still manage my stairs…I view them as exercise!

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 797
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Just checking in. Weather is moving our way around noon, with tornado risk, high winds and heavy rain. Most nearby counties are closing school early. DH is out on the tractor, trying to get dirt hauled to the back/side yard to fill the raised beds before the rain hits. I've been to Physical Therapy and now working on sales tax for the Shop. Stay safe everyone!

• Mint

Good morning

Mom not agreeing to come now. I can’t stay there as I feel it is better here. She told my sister last night that she was going to as she implied to me. But this morning she’s not agreeable for either one of us. This is so hard I worry about her.

• David1946

Lorita Thank you for your concern. My "night terrors" as my wife calls them are becoming more frequent some are very frightening but some are quite comical. Last night I had 2 one when I was driving and I got lost and did not where I was . The other one all my stepdaughters were standing at the foot of my bed and discussing what and how to recycle.

• David1946

We are expecting our first snow storm of the year and it is supposed to be a NorEaster rain on the coast but heavy snow in the mountains so far this season we have had only 9 inches of snow.

• ronald71111
    edited April 2

I'm so tired of all this…........VA radiology department just called and they want a cat scan of my chest. I have no clue why, nobody has indicated a problem and this is the first time I've head of it.

Called my primary care nurse, but had to leave a voicemail. I asked her to call back and give me more information.

Ron

• Mint

Not sure how much snow we have had this season but not a lot.
    Hope you get some info soon Ron.

Think your rain is headed our way Jerilynn. Prayers for everyone’s safety.

• Lorita

The news is showing a restaurant in London that only serves bugs! Think I will pass.

Judith, just be careful on those stairs. I remember a few years back when you were sitting on the stairs holding Luke when he was seizing. How fast time goes.

Had a call from Sarah. She had a procedure done this morning and is still very groggy. She isn't sure what they did but probably something with feeding tube. Yesterday they said they were going to use a different kind of tube that wouldn't come out and try it for a couple of weeks. If it doesn't wotk, then the TPN.

Mint, I can imagine how worried you are about your mother being alone with storms coming. Years ago when a tornado was beaded toward OKC my sister was terrified so I stayed on the phone with her until it passed by. There was a lot of wind damage far north of here with a tornado in Barnsdall. The whole town is very damaged. Some storms south but only rain here. Storm trackers were out letting us know what was happening. It's 30-35 degrees colder today than yesterday. In Tulsa a homeless woman was sleeping in a culvert and was washed away. Just heard they had located her after hours of searching. She's 100 ft. Back in the storm drain. I hope the storms pass all of you all by and leave no damage.

I just spent 30 minutes on phone with Directv. My bill is up to $144 which includes a $30 promo so changed to different pkg. For half the price. Will lose sports channels, weather channel, game show network and NatGeo wild. Guess I can live without Dr. Poll - Mike is better anyway and I've been with him in pretty hairy cases. Ridiculous to pay that for TV. I'll adjust need to be outside more anyway.

My little, white flowers in the front yard are blooming. I looked at them three or four days ago so this was a surprise yesterday.

Ron, hope you find out why they want to do the scan. Maybe you won't need it. Hope not. I think you've been through enough for a while.

David, seems you can remember your dreams. I can remember parts just after I wake up but not afterwards. Do you take something to help you sleep? Maybe if you do that could have something to do with the dreams.

JeriLynn, do hope the storms aren't bad and.not too much rain. Need t go to mailbox close the gate (Judith) and let Gray Lady out to graze. Prayers storms are not bad.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more