Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Stage 5/6 straight to Stage 8

Comments

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Ed:  I only know you and your wife from your posts here.  You have always expressed such joy, love and compassion in your posts about your wife and your marriage.  The world must truly be a better place because of her.  I grieve for you, the loss of your soul mate.
  • BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Ed, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. You took very good care of her.
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Oh Ed, I am so, so sorry. How sudden. May I just say your love for your wife has shone through all your posts, and I am truly sad to hear she's passed.
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Ed, So very sorry.
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dear Ed,

I send my sincere condolences to you and your family on the sudden passing of your dear wife.

May each of you find some comfort in the memories of happy days spent together.

No matter the circumstances, none of us is ever ready for the loss.

Hugs.

• Midwest Gal
    Midwest Gal Member Posts: 27
    25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes
    Ed, I rarely post but have always enjoyed your supportive comments and ideas of handling things.  After things settle down for you I would encourage you to be a volunteer for the alz association as you have so much to offer the rest of us.  As sadden as I am for your DW I could only hope for a quick, non suffering ending for my DH.  I wish that I could be as patient as you  have been with your DW.  It sounds like you have a lovely family.  Thank you for everything that you have shared.  It really has helped.  My heart goes out to you.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Ed,

You have been a rock helping us all with our shared miseries and wins. I felt like I got to know you and your wife through your posts. What your wife said to you before she passed was really sweet. My mother has this saying that goes like this: The candle always burns the brightest before it goes out. I believe your wife wanted you to know she loved you. I am glad you have that. I am very sorry for your loss.

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 748
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Ed, I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. It just keeps going from harder to harder yet. I'm glad your kids are there.
  • GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 842
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Oh my god, Ed.  I am so sorry - I literally gasped when I read your post.  I know you don't really know me, but I've read your posts, and I've learned so much from you. Please take care of yourself in the coming days and months.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Ed, I’m so sorry for your loss. As loveskitties said, you can never be prepared. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

(((Dear Ed))))

I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you and your family. You have been a very caring and loving husband to your DW. I feel the love you have for her in all your post. 

Please take care of yourself and get a lot of rest and please stay with us, we need you. You're in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending you lots of warm Hugs. Hugs Zetta 

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed,

I am so sorry. I have no words. How wonderful that you and your family could be with her and that she knew you and could speak with you.  I will be thinking of you, your dear Carole, and all of your family and praying for all of you.  Take care of yourself; you have had a long, hard journey.  Please stay in touch; you have been a rock.  

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed I am so sorry to hear about your wife. You are in my prayers tonight. I was shocked by the news.
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Ed, I’m so sorry. Sometimes we are so focused on the dementia that we cannot take in anything more. May the memory of the loving words your wife uttered become a blessing for you.
  • extex
    extex Member Posts: 62
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    So sorry to hear this news, a real shock.  The only positive is that she and you have been spared the ravages of stage seven.  My condolences to you and family.
  • sunshine5
    sunshine5 Member Posts: 148
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments

Please accept my condolences for the sudden loss of your wife. 

If it’s any help, know that she is pain free now that she is with the Lord!

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Talk about your world being turned upside down. what a shock, I am so sorry for you and your family. In spite of your troubles taking care of her, you were a wonderful care giver and she knew it. Let those words of her love for you be your strength and support as you face the days  ahead with out her. Don't punish yourself by the memories of bad times but fill your heart with all the love you shared and the care you were able to give her, and being with her at the end. God's Blessings to you and your family Richard

• Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Ed I am sorry for your loss. This was truly unexpected but now she is free from the confines of dementia. I hope that you can find peace and enjoy your memories.
  • Elshack
    Elshack Member Posts: 240
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Deepest sympathy to you, Ed, and to your family. I am glad you will have the memory of your dear wife's last words to you. You have been a loving husband and caretaker and an inspiration to all of us here.
  • jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    I wish I knew the magic words that would comfort you. May God and your family lift you up in the days ahead and give you strength.
  • ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

(((Ed))) - I too gasped out loud when I realized what you were posting about. Please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your beloved wife Carole. I immediately recalled the special nature walk you took with her shortly before moving to her beautiful new room at MC. Even the timing of being there for this unexpected emergency- they were able to start IV pain management immediately which could not have happened had she still been at home. You provided the best care and advocacy for her at every turn. 

What a blessing she was able to express such love right back to you!!! And that your children were with you both as you literally held her hand, providing comfort and safe passage as she finally escaped dementia and illness forever. Praying your strength and healing in Stage 8. You are in our thoughts and prayers for as much peace and support as you have given countless caregivers on this forum.

• Marta
    Marta Member Posts: 694
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Dear Ed. I am so very sorry.
  • zauberflote
    zauberflote Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Dear Ed, I am so very sorry. I'm glad your family was with you and Carole. Praying for peace for all of you.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dear ED,

Sorry for your loss. I am shocked reading this post.  I have followed your posts from the beginning as I strongly identified with your story and your writings. I was not expecting this and have a sense of your experience.  I was glad to read that you had some time visiting with your wife. Wishing you the best.

Dave

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Dear ED,

Sorry for your loss. I am shocked reading this post.  I have followed your posts from the beginning as I strongly identified with your story and your writings. I was not expecting this and have a sense of your experience.  I was glad to read that you had some time with your wife near the end. I wish you the best in the coming days and future. 

Dave

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Ed.

I am so very sorry. I am stunned and have no words. Please know that you are loved by so many here. I am sending you the warmest hug and all my love to you and your family.

May God be with you all.

-LT

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Ed, I am so very sorry for your loss. You were an amazing advocate for Carole.  She was able to leave you with what you needed, to carry on.  Thank you for sharing this final chapter with your wife. You have done so much for her and so many of us on here. I shall be forever grateful for all of your words of wisdom.

N

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello again to our dear friend.  Ed; I thought of you last thing before sleep last night and first thing on waking this morning thinking of you and your family; still trying to wrap my head around this very unexpected severe loss. Prayers are being sent up on your and your family's behalf and will continue to be with you and your family in spirit.

I do wonder how your son who lives at home with you and who had assisted you with his mother's needs is doing; please let him know as well as the rest of your family that we are thinking of  him/them too and you are all in our hearts.

With a hug from just one of your many friends here,

Jo

• EdiBug
    EdiBug Member Posts: 14
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment
    My deepest condolences to you and your family, Ed. There are no words that can help but just know that many of us are with heavy hearts today feeling your loss.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more