Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Role of natural supplements in support of cure for Alzheimer's

Brooksl
Brooksl Member Posts: 1 Member

I have closely seen many patients with Alzheimer's . And this really breaks my heart. Just last week I came across an article which talks about natural supplements and their potential benefit to support the cure for many decisions. How you guys feel about natural supplements do share your views. Also if anyone using them and experiencing any difference then do share your experience.

Here is the link to the article I am talking about

https://medium.com/@confidenceusa/unlocking-the-power-of-natural-supplements-a-comprehensive-guide-9b8e8937264c

Comments

• Susand125
    Susand125 Member Posts: 4
    5 Care Reactions First Comment

My moher is on two prescribed dementia meds. Memantine and Donepizil. She's been on them for years now! They wanted to stop them,I fought so hard saying what if she declines more with out them? She is declining on them so without them i think she would go downhill much faster? as far as OTC brain supplements i thought about trying Prevagen along with her 2 other meds. I'll do anything to slow down the progression of this horrible disease. I know i can't really but i always have hope thst she will stay the same.

I hate watching her go downhill. every day she looses a little more! My heart is being ripped in half watching her suffer. Well, i guess shes not suffering cause she doesn't know who where she is? The caregiver which happens to be me is the one suffering watching this horrible disease consume my mother.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more