Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (195)

Comments

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Thank you all for the birthday wishes…77 today…and it is also the second anniversary of my Dad's passing.

Drove to Mother's and had lunch out. I am working on some things to help celebrate her 100th birthday in November. Will be sending out a letter to family and friends to get b-day cards and stories and pics so I can do a "This is your life" book for her.

Hope everyone has improved health and a great day!

Hugs, Marie

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    edited April 14

Iris, at first I thought blackeye peas, after a closer look I thought crowder peas , but I'm really not sure myself what it is but it is some type of peas.

Ron

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Happy Birthday Marie…..cake served on the porch 5-7 cst.

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 345
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Wishing you a great year Marie xo

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    edited April 14

Happy Birthday, Marie,and many more. Hope your day was good. One hundred years coming up for your mother. What a celebration that will be.

Ron and Iris, I don't think those peas are crowders. They're too flat. If not black eyes must be purple hulls.

Bryon came and mowed. His son, Wyatt weedeated. Looks good. He's going to power wash the porch, let it dry and paint it the next day. Also the columns and railings. When he gets two free days. I'll pick up the paint from WM. Also going to paint the ceiling sky blue as usual, floor will be battleship gray.

Stormy and I took down the trash, then drove over and saw the girls. There's six little ones. So sweet to watch them.play. Gray Lady met us at the gate. She wants out with them but as soon as I let her out if the little bulls are still here, they'll take her down again if she comes in esterus. They all went in the barn today because it was very warm. It's 84 right now. Need to find something to eat sort of hungry.

Bryon listened to the car motor and thinks it's okay. His wife just bought a 2013 Subaru and he says the motor sounds different, too. He works with all kinds of machinery so guess he would know.

Darwin didn't work outside today. His next job will be cutting down dead trees.

Thanks, Mint, my side feels better today.

Back later.

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Happy birthday, Marie!

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    edited April 15

They don't look like black eyed peas. I had to look up crowder peas and purple hull peas, I never heard of either before.

Tomorrow I will pay my taxes online then I can breathe! Maybe I can cook some black eyed peas.

Iris

• ronald71111

Good morning!

Ron

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good Morning☀️🌻

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 795
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning and happy belated birthday Marie! Those are purple hull peas on the plate, I do believe. I saw that picture on FB while in NY and told my GD, I sure am ready for a supper like that! I ate too much rich food while away and this week begins a new routine that actually includes exercise. 😕

We had a wonderful time in spite of wind and rain. Everyone was so SWEET to dear GD. It showed on her face that she was nervous about her first flight and all the staff, from check in to the flight attendants and waitress were encouraging. The desk agent told her " I always just pray"… so when we got on the plane and GD still looked like she was about to have a melt down I told her "I've already prayed for us, but would you like me to pray for us again, with you?" She said yes. So I did that and in the end, I said " Dear Lord please watch over us and get us back home safely, else this child's Mother will kill me". That made her smile and she did just great. I held her hand for take-off. By the time we boarded for home, I asked her if she wanted to hold my hand and she haughtily replied " that isn't necessary". LOL. I also learned the importance of the correct Starbucks order. Oh my gosh, what a grump if not properly caffeinated with a "Blond Venti latte with 3, no make that 4 pumps of caramel". 🙄😏🤣

I'm glad to be home and made my to-do list on the plane yesterday. Since this was my first trip away from DH, I had sent him instructions of how the flight days would go. 1. I text you when we board and land so you know we're safe. 2. When you pick me up you should stop by the store and pick up a small, cheap bouquet for when I get in the car to go home. LOL. He did even better! My iris had bloomed and he cut three for my bouquet. I think I'll keep him. LOL Have a good day everyone, back later after I have had some coffee. No caramel, lol

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Happy birthday, Marie!

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 665
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Good morning everyone live near Boston it's going to a crazy day do to The marathon.

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,073
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Ron, the cow pics are a hoot…lol.

Glad the NYC trip was a success JL.

Lorita, know you are glad to have some of the outside things done…I need to find someone to do some things for me as well.

May all have a peaceful and wonderful day.

• Lorita

Morning, welcome home, Jerilynn. Sounds like you and your granddaughter had a great time in the Big Apple. But, always glad to be home. Your husband sounds like he's a keeper. Flowers on your arrival, how sweet. I always liked purple bull peas but haven't had any in a long time. Nothing better than purple hull peas, fried okra, onions, sliced tomatoes and cornbread.

Ron, such a cute picture. I can see our little ones dressed in their gingham running around playing. I can see a few of them down in the pasture so I know where they are. First thing I do when I get up is check. Saw Gray Lady out by the carport, then heard the driveway alarm so she's going down to graze..

Just gave the GPs their vitamin, glucosamine and breakfast. . I've had juice and am ready for hot tea. Gotta dustmop - amazing how much dirt and tufts of white hair accumulate in one day.

The yard looks good except for all the clumps of daffodil leaves he had to leave. I walked around a couple of days ago to decide which shrubs to be taken out and when we walked around yesterday I was amazed that so many of them had little bunches of leaves. We'll wait and see what happens. He did take out my glossy abelia. Poor thing hasn't had leaves for two years. Hated to lose it, always so pretty and fragrant with a very distinct fragrance. Better drink that tea while it's still hot.

Iris, won't it be a relief to get rid of rtaxes for anither year? I guess Sam has requested an extension for my taxes- haven't heard from him. Judith, I heard last night if you do the extension, it's until October. They charge 5% of what you owe each month until it's paid. Have a goid Monday, everyone. Storms for this area tonight. Mostly cloudy, windy and warm right now.

• jfkoc

here…

• Lorita
    edited April 15

Glad you're okay, Judith.

• Iris L.

I'm awake, I slept 9 1/2 hours last night with my CPAP and I awoke rested. It's so good to feel rested!

JeriLynn, I'm so glad that you and your DGD had a great time in New York, and that people were sweet to her. New Yorkers have a reputation for being gruff at times. I am a native New Yorker and I know that's true. Thanks for recognizing the purple hull peas, they must be popular in the deep south.

Ron, that picture reminded me of Elsie the cow, who I believe was on an advertisement for PET milk.

Now I have to go out to the kitchen and feed the cats. See you later!

Iris

• jfkoc

David…#194 has been brought into todays postings….does that solve your discussion problem??/

• David1946

Lorita, I am going to VA to have my hearing aids adjusted I tried to fix the volume myself and I messed them up. But I am glad I have them.

• Iris L.

I just paid my federal and state taxes via their respective online portals. Whew, this is a relief! I have been resisting online banking but my accountant said this was the way to go. So I went. I feel drained.

A lot happened on this day, President Lincoln died and the Titanic sank.

Iris

• Lorita

David, Charles wore two hearing aides he got from the VA. He got some from our VA, a set from OKC VA and one set from North Little Rock. All of them were much appreciated. Hope you can get yours adjusted so the volume works for you.

Iris, I guess mine was extended until Sam can get them done. . It's always a relief when I get mine done, too. I've never done the complete online banking, just checked balances, etc. But, that's just me not feeling secure enough.

Jo, we really miss your posts. Do hope you, your son and husband peopleopke!t upsets pare doing all right. Look forward to hearing from you. breast guys !didn't puck up some boxes outside my barrel this morning Called and was told they don't pick up anything not in container. News to me, they always have. I have a lot of boxes. Checked with another company. Talked with the one we have again and learned they will pick them.up! This is the kind of thing that upsets people. We used to burn our trash, so did my mother until the fire got out and burned 55 big bales of hay.

• David1946

The volume was fine until I tried to adjust them on my own and screwed them up and while I am there I will ask them how to properly clean the wax out of them .

• David1946
    edited April 15

I found Just want to talk to my friends 195 If I understand any thread 194 is automatically transferred to 195? If you have not figured it out I am not very computer wise.

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Is anyone else having issues typing comments? For the last three days I can sign on and read but it would not allow me to leave a comment. Gurrrrrrr

eagle

• David1946
  • Lorita

Hi Eagle, no problem here in posting but sometimes I don't press the post comments button hard enough and if doesn't post. But you're having problems typing the comment?

Hope you're doing okay. Has it been hot the last three days in Texas? Has been here and now will storm and get coo!er.

• Iris L.

Rockers are posting long posts on #194, it's getting confusing, I already have trouble keeping up.

Iris

• ronald71111

Good morning!

Ron

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Good morning

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband