Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I’m news. Moms in AL. I have a 4 year old

kblau
kblau Member Posts: 55
10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
So long story short. Mom lived w my sister after my dad passed to help her w her kids. She got diagnosed. Progressed. Moved her into AL 3 months ago. I took over as POA and made that decision. Shes struggling to adjust. Hired a private aide for 4 hours a day up until 2 weeks ago bc mom ‘doesn’t need a babysitter!’ Now, she’s regressing. Why doesn’t she live w my sister anymore? Or worse - Tell me the truth they want to put me in AL! What am I supposed to say in these situations? Mom believes we don’t care about her bc we don’t have her living w us. AL called today for the first time posing memory care. But my mom is 72 years old! She’s young and social! I get non stop calls all day long, I work full time in a very stressful job and I’m a mom to a 4 year old. I’m drowning.

Comments

• kblau
    My question is this - what am I supposed to say when she thinks she is at my sisters house and is pissed off bc they haven’t come into her room to say hello?! Do I remind her she isn’t living there? What do I say!?
  • kblau

thanks for sharing. It’s nice knowing I’m not alone and someone else is in a very similar situation at the same point in their life. ❤️‍🩹

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more