Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (198)

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

HB…my exact thoughts re Pat the Bunny etc.

How are you supposed to get your toes into the right holes???

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Which shoes, Judith? I read today that Skechers are zero drop and they're pretty. Carol who had the broken ankle last year only wears that brand. I'm afraid I would have trouble wearing zero drop shoes but would try to help the neuromas.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

@jfkoc beats me. I declined a test drive. We wear the same size.

We took a walk to the local farmers market after her sister’s funeral so both still in LBDs and pearls which she accessorized with those shoes. People were gaping openly.

• jfkoc

The shoes HB mentioned.

My Dr put me onto Orthofeet for Morton's. I have mentioned them a lot of times.

Signing off for the day. Heading up to watch Netflix on my iPad. Taking a bag of Cretor's caramel popcorn with me.

Left the soup on the porch for you all…lol

• Lorita

It was delicious, Judith, thanks. I'll keep the hoppers out of it. I'm going to watch the Olympics, again

• ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,213
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions

Week has not been good, this morning I glanced in the bedroom and there was Lou standing, looking at me with a big smile.

I finally broke down and called my pcp to request counseling. Her nurse called this afternoon and told me she was having mental health counselor call me. Within 30 minutes the counselor called and we talked a good half hour. I have another appointment with her Monday afternoon. She also had the mental health medication counselor call me and he is increasing my depression medicine. Also, mental health nurse called and let me know she would be checking in with me from time to time and wanted to make sure I was aware that the 988 number wasn't just for people with suicidal thoughts but also for one's that just needed to talk.

I've never had the VA respond to me so quickly in my past experences.

Ron

• Lorita

Ron, so sorry this hasn't been a good few days. The good thing is that you reached out for help and the great VA responded to your call for help quickly as it should. I imagine Todd is probaby dealing with the same feelings as you after being Sarah's caregiver and losing her.

When I lost Charles the thing that helped me most was keeping busy. I had all the VA paperwork to deal with and since it was the middle of winter I was kept busy feeding cattle and cutting ice so they could have water.

I know the nights were the worst because it was so quiet. I found listening to Chinese Zen music helped me most. It mostly kept me calm and helped me to fall asleep. I was completely alone except for a few calls and, of course, all the wonderful people on our thread.

Ron, maybe it's time you got another little dog to keep you company and give you something to take care of. I had the girls I could go out and sit among and within two months I had gotten a one year old Great Pyrenees to go with the dog I had. Then a month later I got a seven week old Pyrenees puppy. Taking care of the cattle and the dogs gave me a reason to get up in the mornings. It isn't easy to lose your loved one and it takes time to recover and want to go on.

Lou would want you to go on with your life. You have your Church and the people there and you have us. We are always here when you want or need to talk. We will listen. Take care of yourself and let us hear from you every day. We all care about you and want to help you. Everyone needs help at some time.

• littleme
    littleme Member Posts: 70
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Hang in there, Ron. You will find your own way through. We all do eventually.
    Barbara in Aus

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

good morning everyone

• Lorita

Morning, it's 66 degrees!

• jfkoc

it is another "fine soft day" here

Ron…you are grieving … it is something we understand here. I think going to the shelter and getting a dog is a great idea. At least go to the shelter and think about it.

• David1946
    David1946 Member Posts: 664
    500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Morning all. Just got our replacement blender (it has 14 settings) now we can start having smoothies again. YEA

• jfkoc

David…which one did you get?

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Ron, you're still grieving. You can't force yourself to stop grieving. Allow yourself to grieve when the feelings come up. In between times, keep busy.

Iris

• David1946
    edited August 10

The ,Hamilton Beach Wave crusher

• Mint

Good evening

I was in mid 70s here today with a fairly strong wind. I didn’t go outside till this afternoon but I did quite a bit outside this afternoon and I didn’t sweat that was nice.

something got into my big tomatoes last night and knocked probably around five or so often eat like half of it, the life of a gardener . In the past I’ve putting a little fence around them and that didn’t work for keeping things out but I don’t have time for all that anymore.

hope each one of you get a good nights rest

• Lorita
    edited August 10

Sorry about your tomato plants and tomatoes, Mint. Do you know if there are raccoons around? This reminded me that years ago there were raccoons around that would get into and damage our garden. We put a radio out there and turned it on at night and it worked! Of course you can't do that in town. Perils of being a gardener for sure.

It's been a long day. Watched Olympics and a movie, then went through one of my desk drawers. Found farm and vehicle insurance policies that were many years old. When I would get the new ones each year I put them in the drawer. This winter when we have snow on I will burn all of those papers and income tax papers from 20 years ago. Now I can begin filling the drawer again.

No rain here today but promises for tomorrow. It was a very pretty day weatherwise. The hot and dry weather and condition of the pastures really have me depressed. Maybe losing Sarah is just soaking in and that is part of it. I need to go out and sit with the girls.

Sleep well tonight.

• Mint

good morning everyone

Lorita my guess is either raccoons or opossums

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Good morning everyone.

Mint, groundhogs will do that. I have some partially eaten tomatoes both on the plant and on the ground and I have observed a groundhog living under the neighbor's shed.

• Lorita
    It's raining and has been since about 3 this morning. Haven't been out to see the rain gauge but Darwin said he thinks at least 2". There is a flood watch for our County and the one North of us plus some others. Really seems nice, right now it's 69 degrees. Maybe this will drown the grasshoppers. Darwin said for the last three mornings his yard has been filled with blackbirds. Guess they are eating the hoppers because he says there isn't as many now. I have never seen a groundhog

• jfkoc

here….another drizzle day…love them!

• Lorita

Judith, did you get a lot of rain? I checked and we had 3", not sure if we will get more. Nice and cool. I know the creek is up and the road is probably flooded.

• jfkoc

I' Don't know. I was asleep.

OK, checked. 6.64 inches for a record.

• David1946

Hi everyone, I got a new cell phone it's a Samsung 6 Z. It folds in half with a large screen. The price is a mortgage payment. My wife said spend your money on yourself and get what you want. After struggling for years spoil yourself .

• Lorita

My goodness, you hit the jackpot! It's still drizzling here. I get so aggravated at some of the weather men or women. We haven't had rain in so long and this !morning one of them said "the rain will finally move out this evening, emphasis on finally. They just won let us enjoy things.

• David1946

Hi everyone, it has stopped raining finally in the Boston area. No rain,heat,no humidity finally able to turn of cental air and open the windows and get some fresh air at least for a couple of days before it starts all over.

• Lorita

Just learned that a little town eight miles northeast of us had over 9". Guess it depended on your location. Really going to be steamy next week.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I live in a working class neighborhood in SoCal. I stopped into an open house a block from me. It had been totally remodeled, 4 bedrooms, two baths, but with a basement, which is unusual for SoCal, and a full back unit apartment and a big garage, but almost no back yard. The asking price is $999,999! I can't believe it! I really feel sorry for the young people who might be looking for a home.

The weather is beautiful today, hot but bearable in the shade. I watched part of the Closing Ceremony for the Olympics, where Snoop Dogg was singing in Venice Beach with the sparkling ocean in the background. If LA can get cleaned up, it should be a good time.

Iris

• Lorita

Iris, I tried to watch the closing ceremonies but just could not get into it or understand what they were doing. They said somehow it related to the opening ceremony. I really enjoyed the Olympics this year. Saw a lot.of Snoop Dog and Martha Stewart. Don't understand the connection they have though.

Joan, surely wish you would post so we know how you are. I t

ried a phone number with your name but it was disconnected. Hope everything is okay.

Zetta, when do you leave for Arizona? The 17th is in my mind somehow?.

Good nighr, everyone.

• Mint

good morning

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia