Just need to talk to my friends (219)
Comments
-
She's had a productive cough for decades. She's not prescribed anything for HBP. She takes spironolactone as a diuretic only because it is potassium-sparing. Pulmo has her taking Mucinex ER 1200mg twice daily and using an Aerobika OPEP device as well.
She seemed a little better when I stopped by today. She was listening to Michelle Obama's "Becoming" and able to maintain 88-89 on room air which is OK with her pulmo. That said, I stopped by because her living room TV wasn't working. I just fixed the one in her kitchen on Monday. She had picture but no audio. I rebooted the box and still no audio. Turns out I couldn't change channels either, so I was going to try fresh batteries. She assured me she'd just replaced them. Sure enough, one of the batteries was in backwards. It seems like her AMD is progressing; hence the audio books.
She was in a much better mood this afternoon for which I was very grateful.
HB1 -
HB, Waterweld is an epoxy made by J B Weld. It is a resin and a hardener, and is used by mixing the two ingredients to make an adhesive. The company makes several epoxies for various purposes. I have never used Waterweld, but wood epoxy lasts indefinitely. If you break a piece of wood, such as an axe handle, and repair it with epoxy, it will never break in that place again because the repaired break is the strongest part of the piece. Epoxy is what you use to attach two things when you are certain you will never want to separate them.
Summer is certainly here. On the good side, I have just purchased a bag of locally grown tomatoes and my cannas are in bloom. On the bad side, the thunder woke me last night, the heat index is 90 and is predicted to be above 100 all next week.
0 -
Good afternoon.
HB I'm glad your mom's mood was somewhat better today. That is puzzling about her Friday appointment. I'm curious what the pulmo will have to say. A transport wheelchair is a good idea. I know your concerned on multiple levels about her. We are too.
Ron you've got to pace yourself. Hopefully things will get moved in and settle down for you.
Lorita we've still not had any rain, just very high winds and heat. We are expecting a large plume of Saharan dust to come sweeping in Mon / Tue. Everything turns reddish dirt color and the air smells awful. If we get out we'll be masked up for sure. Ugh.
Now to think of something to cook for dinner. Everyone be safe.
0 -
Son brought everything but box springs, he’ll get it tomorrow. Now it is no telling how long to go through boxes and put away.
Ron
0 -
Ron, how far are you from your son? Have you met some new friends yet?
Hope everyone has a good.night's sleep.
0 -
Judith - thinking good thoughts about your granddaughter!
Beth - it took me awhile to get the hang of that kick. It's probably the hardest one I do. I'm sure it would be a lot easier if I were, say, 30! 😄 I have to say, I really love it when I'm kickboxing and I get into the zone.
Your garden is gorgeous!!!
HB - I'm glad your mom was doing better physically, and that her mood was better. She has so much going on with her health, she must have a will of iron. I have a lot of respect for you and your mom.
Ron - I'm glad that almost all of your stuff has been moved into your new place. I'm happy for you.
Iris and Lorita - I hope you're both well.
I keep reading about that heat dome over the east coast. Be careful all of you in its path.
Today started out kind of strange but then it got better. I was drinking my morning tea and reading the news, and I was feeling kind of unsettled (for lack of a better word). Then I looked at the calendar and it all became clear. Today is the anniversary of my mom's death. She's been gone now for 14 years. It's so weird how dates like that creep up on you.
Once I sat with that for a bit the day got better. It was sunny and nice, high '60s. I got a chunk of my Saturday cleaning done, but also did some reading.
Have a good night!
1 -
HB, I'm glad your mom was better today.
Iris
0 -
Good morning
Ron
0 -
Morning been awake since 2:30 feeling completely overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. Finally got up at 5:30- and after a pumpkin spice muffin and a cup.or two, of.hot tea I feel.better. Groceries to be delivered just after 7 so.better get dressed. Sun just came up and it is already 78- to be in mid 90s with heat index over 100. Stay cool.
.
78
0 -
There is not a leaf or stem left of the purple basil i transplanted yesterday.. Someone had a good basil salad. Strange they don't eat it when it isn't in planters.
1 -
Good morning.
0 -
Bear Christopher ———-arrived at 5:35 this morning. 8lbs 10 oz. No, Bear is not a family name but isn't it wonderful. I am busy looking for things "Winnie the Pooh". Found a signed first edition but it was 30,000.00. I will keep looking… I did find a bear at Harrods, the store in London where the original was purchased.
2 -
Bear is a great name.
Many years ago, a little girl came to our office with family, wearing a Winnie the Pooh shirt. The receptionist said something about her having Pooh on her shirt, and the girl drew herself up and said "I do NOT have poo on my shirt." 🐻
1 -
Congratulations Judith and Family ❣️
0 -
Congratulations on your new great grandson, Judith. Bear is a cute name.
0 -
Congratulations, Judith! Hope you get to meet Bear soon.
0 -
5 things you can do to reduce your risk of dementia video. Depending upon what study you look at, dementia is thought to be 45-80% preventable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PegGzCJlds&list=WL&index=4
1 -
@jfkoc
Congratulations all around.
Welcome Baby Bear.
Baby Gap had some classic Pooh this season.https://www.gap.com/browse/search.do?searchText=winnie%20the%20pooh%20baby&autosuggest=true
Lennox has a Pooh ornament that can be personalized.Hamley's also does a nice bear. This one on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/236713405729?_skw=hamleys+bear&itmmeta=01KW84XDQ9XX9ZS13QWZTN3FYW&hash=item371d37ed21:g:0XMAAeSwaKxpxJF3&itmprp=enc%3AAQALAAAA8GfYFPkwiKCW4ZNSs2u11xC%2BSeLiXjIAazMjCWd6oSEFklhEljt3Cf1PORRaHr5WrY0%2FpxuMWtrN0UcuJsA7DNIZ3JM34WynX93tNJ%2FpzE4lDD00BcbPwLFYGsbGo5aoekH47LM103BG3MGQgmUD8BETRLkvDldrx2hUqe1cTBqP1kfVA2q63suHC54WTFVZUutXFqkbAYxDPFqCjcL%2Fk0rUe9lXT8HX6SdpoHxKqsy0dA9NzA0Mn%2FBczYcAQ9ZzvKe59VSOU%2Fnj1P9CH3FXfbbZ56%2F8%2FI7fAmp69foH%2Fwpux2Bt5%2FhmqnwVHwHkz81NKg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM6Nv1hOJn
Happy shopping.
HB0 -
Congrats Judith nothing like grand babies to make you smie with true joy.
Cute ornament HB, my son's name is Christopher and I have his first ornament - Winnie the Pooh of course.
0 -
Bryon and Steve came this afternoon and got the barn doors back on track and opened them. Also opened the shutters. Now the girls will have, a cool place to stay during the heat of the day. Sleep.tight
2 -
Judith - congrats to you, your granddaughter, and family on the addition of Bear! I think the name is wonderful too.
Lorita - How are you doing in this heat? I'm a big fan of running water over wash cloths, wringing them out, and then putting them in the freezer. Once they're icy you can put them on your head or neck.
Carl - That's a cute story.
Beth - Good video. Thanks for posting it.
Quiet, calm day on my end of the porch. Not much to report.
0 -
Congratulations on your new grandson, Judith! He's a big boy!
Judith and Lorita, my city has Pools of Hope, which was begun to rehabilitate people who had come down with polio years ago. Now rehabilitative warm water aquatics is available for people with any type of disability. Recently they held an awards ceremony. The director of the Pool is from Okmulgee, OK, home of the Muscogee Creek nation. In the Muscogee language, Okmulgee means " boiling waters." So the director had experience with warm water before coming to the Pools of Hope.
Iris
1 -
Good morning
Ron
0 -
Morning GG, I have a bandana like thing you wet, wring out then snap and put around your neck that keeps you cool - used to have things you filled wih waer, freeze then slip into a pocket in a scarf to wear around your neck but guess that is lost. We used those when we went to Washington in July.Your idea is good and I will remember.
Going to doctor this morning to, hopefully, get the Hantavirus test.
0 -
Good morning. It's quite nice here today but we'll be under an extreme heat watch starting noon Wednesday.
Lorita— I'm sure the girls appreciate the cooler option available in the heat. I notice that the cows at the dairy where I shop are indoors when it's really hot. Their barn has massive fans along the side of the building.
Good luck with you appointment today. I hope the test offers you some peace of mind.
Iris— The aquatic program sounds great for those with post-polio syndrome. My cousin's DH had polio as a child. As he's hit his late 70s, he's having considerable mobility issues which is unfortunate given his active lifestyle.
Beth— I thought of you last night when DH and I were watching "This is a Gardening Show" on Netflix. This episode was about compost and was fascinating. At least I thought so. Trigger warning for some salty language but other wise sweet and funny.
Ron— I hope the boxsprings made it to your new place.
________________________________________________________
It's a quiet day here. I'll need to run some errands later. Not an hour after I picked up my steroid cream from CVS, they sent me an automated message to pick up 3 prescriptions for DH. If they weren't done when I was there, they would have been "in process" and could have asked if I wanted them as well.
I need to hit the grocery store for dinner. DS has added another wrinkle to his voodoo diet; he's decided red meat is part of his weight problem. It's not. The only red meat he eats here is the odd bowl of chili which I planned to serve tomorrow after mom's later afternoon endo appointment. I think I'll do a chicken stir fry tonight and fix him some turkey chili for tomorrow and the freezer. I saw some bean/cheese burritos that might work for him as well.
I'm dreading the heat. I get my hair cut Wednesday evening when it'll be close to 100F and it's a half mile walk to and from the station. Thursday's appointment with the pulmo is a concern. It'll be hotter and mom doesn't do well with the heat. I think I'll cool down the car and make quick transfers at the curb for her.
Niece is throwing her annual 4th of July bash. I don't think mom'll be up for the heat. DH and I weren't pumped for the party so this is a great excuse to skip it. I guess I should do a little something here to celebrate.
I hope all have a safe and pleasant day.
HB0 -
Read about an air-conditioned dairy barn. The cows produced more milk in the cool than in the heat. Then they tried blowing cool air on their heads instead of cooling the whole barn and got the same effect. Udderwise, the temperature made no difference.
0 -
Good morning.
Oh I love the name Bear Christopher. Such fun.
Lorita I hope your doctor visit makes you feel better. I know you've been worrying about getting the blood test.
HB I think you have a good plan on keeping your mom out of the heat. It will zap her energy and tax her lungs. You don't need that.
I've solved the hot tub problem. I threw the breaker, hooked up the hose and drained it! No matter what, its not worth fixing a 12 yr old tub. Now to decide what to do.
Let's be safe everyone one. This heat is oppressive.
2 -
The loving part of "Bear" is that Dick carefully hand picked bears for each of his grandchildren when they were born. I must find the perfect bear for this child.
Winnie the Pooh belonged to A.A. Milnes's son Christopher Robin. Bears's grand father is a Christopher and and his grandmother is a Robin. We have Christophers in the family back to 1275
HB…thanks. Baby Gap has a great one for Bear
1 -
Back home from the doctor. No matter what I do in town it seems I'm always gone two hours but one hour is travel time. Doctor wasn't sure the could do the test but they were able to. . Will send the specimen to DLO. Now I wait. He said the Health Dept. Probably could do it if they couldn't have... Didn't think of that.
Had some copies made and picked up some things from WM I had forgotten yesterday.
It is hot and windy. Interesting about the cows and being cool. I have tried spraying cool water on them- did not work. It's like a wind tunnel in the barn if they are in the hallway. They have ventilation from south, North and east. Twelve feet in the hall, five in the stall and ten in the cowshed so all of that pulls wind.
Thanks for the good wishes about the test. Darn rodents anyway.
0 -
Good morning.
I'm glad you got the test done, Lorita.
Try to stay cool, everyone. Here in SoCal we have June gloom, in which a marine layer from the Pacific Ocean keeps the sun from heatng up the land for several hours in the morning. Temp is 66 degrees now, almost noon.
Iris
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help



