Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

ALZConnected Q&A Thread

123457»

Comments

• Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Thanks for your feedback. I will persevere.

Dave

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,398
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

I tried to flag a comment and have no idea if I was successful. I was not given a comment box to explain why I was flagging it nor did I get any response saying it had been flagged. The comment literally said it was okay to mock and oust a long term beloved poster because they didn’t agree with his beliefs. What’s the proper way to flag a comment

• loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,071
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

how does one report a "member" who is only spewing hate and discontent, and hijacking a legitimate discussion to be just plain mean?

I have flagged comments, but want to take this further.

• VKB
    VKB Member Posts: 323
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

I want to obey the rules here. I know I am not allowed to advertise my caregiver book, but if share something copied from my book, am I allowed to give it credit with just the book and author names?

• ALZConnected Moderator 3
    ALZConnected Moderator 3 Administrator Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Admin

The testing process was not changed and was led by an expert "user researcher". We did have a good response from both users and non-users of ALZConnected.

Admin

We recognize that as a community sharing resources that you have found helpful in your journey can assist others. So, as a rule of thumb, the post can share how a resource helped you through your journey/personal experience with the disease, but should adhere to the Community Guidelines and refrain from soliciting, promoting or marketing a product/service.

Admin

When clicking on the "Flag" under any post you are given three options :

1) Spam - Clicking on "Spam" automatically sends a notice to the moderator that it is believed the post to be Spam. There is no comment box when flagging a post as "Spam" as it's clear why the post is being reported.

2) Violates Guidelines - Clicking on "Violates Guidelines" automatically sends a notice to the moderator that it is believed the post has violated the Community Guidelines. There is no comment box when flagging a post as having violated the Community Guidelines. Our Moderators are very familiar with the guidelines and can immediately determine whether a post has violated the guidelines or not simply by reading the reported post.

3) Notify Moderator - This provides you with three options to select from.

• Technical/site issue?
    • Reporting a Member in crisis?
    • Any other reason?

There is comment box that allows you to add "Notes" to provide additional details about your outreach to the Moderator. It's always best to include as many details as possible about the purpose of your outreach so we can expedite our response back to you.

In all of these instances, after you click Spam, Violates Guidelines or if you Notify Moderator, a message will appear on the bottom left corner of your screen confirming that the Moderator has been notified. This message will disappear after a brief time, so it can be easy to miss. Example is below.

Another way to know the moderator has been notified is the number "1" will appear next to the Flag if you are the first to report the post. If the post already has been flagged by another member, the number will change (increase) once you have taken any one of the three steps described above to reach out to the Moderator.

Admin

Hi - Please review the response just above this post that provides an overview of how to "Flag"/report a post.

• Frank and Rung
    Frank and Rung Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease at 50, around four years ago. These days we do everything together, and since we started using Lion's Mane Mushrooms, three months ago, I have not noticed any deterioration of her condition. I still have to be with her 24/7 but we still manage to do everything side by side, and this includes, going to bars and restaurants, concerts, and visiting South East Asia every year for two months. Last week we were invited to tell our story on the Thairish Times on YouTube, and if you are a romantic at heart, you might enjoy watching it. Being Siamese Twins means that I am now in a state of intensive care but surely that is what true love is all about. In sickness and in health.

Here is our video. It might cheer you all up a little. I genuinely hope so.

If you cannot copy and paste the link below then go to The Thairish Times on YouTube and look for "How I Met My Thai Wife Through a Mysterious Letter: Our Unforgettable Journey."

https://youtu.be/NW_noT549SI
  • storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Please, please add a chat room feature. I hope someday it will be possible?

• VKB
    VKB Member Posts: 323
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Interesting thought.

Peace to you! Ronnie (Veronica)

• dixon1710
    dixon1710 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    I’m having trouble finding where I’d could post my first post on a group. Please explain this to me. Thanks.
  • ALZCModerator6
    ALZCModerator6 Administrator Posts: 14
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Admin

Hi- You can review how to instructions by going to the Home page, under the Help section.

Please see the Instructions to create or join a group below:

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney